“Excellence”

The Spanish Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A wonderful place to stay if you have a very hectic schedule of meetings and tours. The beautifully appointed rooms were a refuse to return to nightly.

The elegant and shopisticated lobby became my “living room” for greeting my local friends and family in a warm and relaxing atmosphere. I especially enjoyed dinner on my first night in the Skybar beside the infinity pool listening to live music.

Examples of excellent service:
- I wish to thank your staff for accommodation of my early morning breakfast needs in order to go to meetings.
- A special note of thanks to the front desk staff who offered to properly package some art work donated by local artists
- friendly, attentive staff everywhere from front desk , waiters, cleaning staff, security guards.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan to stay there again when next in Jamaica. Highly recommended.

Jennifer
Toronto, Canada

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have magnificent floor to ceiling windows.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BonsaiQueen

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in a few hotels in Kingston and this one is by far the best. Super clean, bed very comfortable, walking distance from shops and restaurants. Customer service very dedicated. I did not give it five stars because the service at the restaurant was really slow and the view from my hotel room was awful. Other than that I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Laura_Magal
Reviewed October 22, 2013

the hotel is more along the lines for business travelers, and couples for a romantic night. I happen stayed with friends at the hotel. staff is friendly, nice ambiance, complimentary champagne on arrival. free wifi, room I had was upstairs above the ground floor, not much of view but decent view of the mountains and much better than the ground floor "view of cars" lol. kitchen is great, food is finger licking good.. you will not be disappointed. The only thing i didn't like was the limited choice in complimentary breakfast. I stay for 10 days and after the first 5 days i got tired of it. overall its a nice hotel, worth the money. food wise if you want to save you can go on the main strip "knutsford blvd" get more choices etc

Room Tip: try to get a room that has a court yard view. above the ground floor and that not by the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jamaicankemo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Oh my goodness, this place is like a rare gem, I usually don't stay in Kingston but I had to because of a pressing appointment and so we checked into this hotel and I was shocked. The furnishings are classy and the ambiance is just pure sophistication. Love it love it love it! The room and bathroom were clean and I am very "Monk" when it involves those things. The staff were pleasant and very helpful, always trying to make you feel satisfied. I would encourage anyone to book with them. The food was also great too! I usually vacation at the major all-inclusive hotels on the north-coast so I pretty much measured their product/service against really great hotels and I was not disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ShulamiteSue
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

As a business traveller, this place is ok... Seems safe, has all of the basic amenities, nice decore (albeit could use some touch ups), quick check-in, quick, complimentary wifi, beautiful bar side pool that you can actually swim laps in AND do flip turns, coffee from the coffee bar is good, team is quick to bring coffee/drinks at the breakfast buffet although the food is a little under par for quality and presentation. They make a mean drink though. While the room service menu is not appetizing, dinner in the restaurant was pretty good. Overall, hotel met my needs and no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank PrimalAdventurer
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I don't know how worst are the other hotels in Kingston but Spanish Court is not a 5 stars hotel .
It took 35 minutes to check in 4 rooms as the person in charge continuously stopped half way the check in procedures to solve a problem of an other client who was served by an other reception staff. The breakfast from the poorest we have met in this trip.Limited choises. Even in 3 stars hotels we had bigger variety
The rooms are good but is not the best thing to stay in the ground floor and in your window to have parked jeeps and cars. Amazing , is' n it ? Try one of the well known hotel chains instead.instead. It cannot be worst.

Room Tip: Chose an other hotel is not worth the money.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very Beautiful Hotel and well done rooms. The staff is also very helpful. The breakfast needs to have more variety but overall it was good experience. Staff was very considerate for my early morning flight. I checked out at 4am and the staff had Juice and pastries packed for me to carry with me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Upintheair1980
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites
Liguanea Club
Liguanea Club
#8 of 25 in Kingston

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!