“Lovely friendly people, super clean modern rooms”

The Spanish Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have stayed at this property a number of times when on business in Kingston. It is overall a great place to stay. The rooms are clean, well appointed and feel fresh and modern. The food is getting better, where once I would have said it was average at best, on this last trip it was really quite good. And I am always greeted with friendly faces. There is one particular employee who goes out of his way to remember my name and welcome me back, and that is Fabian!

The spa is also improving with the addition of treatment rooms. Very nice and so relaxing.

Room Tip: There is an outdoor bar on the second floor, I would get a room some distance from that as the noise...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank notgoneforlong
There are newer reviews for The Spanish Court Hotel

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed here after staying at the Pegasus for many years,I will never stay anywhere again,this hotel is very good,not bad for the price,the rooms are good,the food is good and Internet work ok,everything needed for a business trip,the ac is good,definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank superkatto
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I go to Kingston frequently on business. In the past I had always stayed at the Hilton/Wyndham but this time stayed at the Spanish Court Hotel. It was great! The room was very nice and the bed was comforatable. The curtains were easily the darkest blackout curtains of any hotel I've stayed in. The staff was super friendly and service was on par with the Ritz or Four Seasons. They even provided me a free bottle of bug repellant when I mentioned I had been bitten by mosquitos when off property during the day. The overall hotel property was very nice. The pool bar had a great view of the mountains. I never ate the included breakfast but had dinner every nice and it was fantastic, albeit expensive for Kingston. As other reviewers have mentioned, the wireless internet isn't the best. You can get access all over the property but in the evening it tends to slow down quite a bit. There is the option of wired internet in the room and I never had a problem with that. I also loved that the room had a full power strip on the nightstand. It was great not to have my electronics spread out on plugs throughout the room. I will definitely stay here on future visits as it is far superior to the other Kingston hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jmarte05
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Arrived after a long flight and greeted with champaigne on arrival by very helpful staff, organized all out transport and gave us great local recommendations to eat and drink. Had an issue with a shower and staff full refunded 1 day which was more than enough. Would definitely go back

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Strettell
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were in Kingston for a friends wedding and the Spanish Court was perfect for our needs. The hotel is new construction beautifully decorated, the lap pool and gym are small but serviceable. Our room was lovely and the bed was very comfortable. Everyone at the hotel was extremely courteous and our room attendant did an excellent job keeping our room clean.  24 hour room service was great since we were in and out and odd hours due to the wedding activities. My only issue is that the pool  is only open from 9-5 I know that at night it is bar so I understood that they didn't want people swimming  but they don't open the pool bar until 4 pm. We didn't stay at the pool long because without any cocktails it wasn't too much fun to lounge. There is a grocery store across the street open 7 days a week which was very convenient.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank missionbride
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Good location, amazing food, the breakfast included in the price is really good, with plenty of options. The restaurant is really beautiful, with good service and excellent quality food.
The bedrooms are very good, nice bed, and the bathroom is beautiful and clean.
Has a fitness center that is open 24/7.

Best regards,

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor are below ground level, so you should ask for rooms from the 2nd floor up.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LinaSolorzano
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had a great time at this hotel. The staff was very efficient and friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. The restaurant staff was very accommodating and the menu catered to a variety of tastes. The business center was open all day and easily accessible.
We used it as a base for visiting family and friends all over the island. We also invited family and friends to the restaurant for dinner and everyone enjoyed the experience.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool. It was very quiet with a great view- room 326.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Terra Nova All Suite Hotel
Jamaica Inn
Jamaica Inn
#1 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!