“Hospitality at its BEST!!”

The Spanish Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have been traveling my entire life, and I have to say that this has been the best experience that I have ever had staying at a luxurious hotel with my family. The hotel manager,Lee-Ann Godfrey, was very accommodating and the key reason for my family having the enjoyable stay that we had! The staff also performed at an excellent level. I would STRONGLY recommend The Spanish Court Hotel for anyone's future accommodations in Kingston if they want to have an exceptional stay!!!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cwade69479

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on May 2011, when I traveled with my CEO for a week. Although I have traveled to Kingston for business for the past five years, and have stayed at most of the best rated business hotels in the area such as the Hilton (now Wyndham Hotel), the Pegasus, Courtleigh Hotel, I decided to give it a try to the Spanish Court as it was my CEO first time in the country.

I read all the glowing reviews before and after my trip, and I want to share that it is the trendiest and modern looking in the area, but it lacks plenty to be considered a business hotel- Here a few things to consider and keep in mind if you are there for work:

Pros -
* WiFi was free and a strong signal
* It is close by to a major supermarket (Wong) and close by to attractions such as Devon House as well as major international business offices and banks. It is in the heart of New Kingston.
* Like any other hotel in the area, it is a 20-25 minutes commute to the airport.
* The restaurant onsite is top of the line, but with a very limited Jamaican selection.
* Other reviewers have mentioned the pool, the bar, the massage area, and the decoration.
* The business center seemed fine, although I just saw it from far away.

CONS -
* Attention to detail is limited by the front desk: I called and arrived three hours ahead of time, asked for my CEO's room to be cooled down before his arrival. He just to arrived two hours later and the room was boiling hot, no one cared to apologise.
* The rooms, we stayed in suites, were large but the furniture is not practical, the work desk was very small, one outlet by the desk, and the chair was very weak almost to the point I was afraid it would break with my weight.
* I felt like being practical was sacrificed by style.
* The hallways feel like a maze, especially the second floor, and they were hot.
* I inquired about local restaurants and attractions for my boss and I, and the cute ladies at the front desk did not know much about it.
* I wanted to mail a previously paid paper and pull up poster using our corporate account with FedEx, and the front desk person told me they never mail anything on behalf of a customer. I explained that only FedEx had to stop by to pick it up, he never had heard about it.

I am returning to Kingston in three weeks and I am debating to stay here again, I will stay at Courtleigh Hotel as, despite the noise coming from the Wyndam or the Pegasus, I know that many of the negative experiences that I dealt with at the Spanish Court will not take place there.

Room Tip: Try to book a room in the third floor away from Trafalgar Avenue, they are noisy and also very hot w...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank TravelingSalesMgr
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Good quality hotel with smart modern interior. I took the advice of more experienced travellers to Kingston who said that this was the only hotel to stay at. Good sized room (junior suite) with large plasma TV, work desk, wired and wireless internet, fridge, sofa etc. In fact the only downside of the room was the rather dark mood lighting.

Food was good but expensive but I did feel let down by the overall slowness and attentiveness of the service staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed January 24, 2012

First let me start by staying I'm a Jamaican living in England so from time to time I like to show off about my beautiful country. After staying at this hotel I'm even more proud of being a Jamaican... me, my wife and our two kids stayed at the Spanish Court Hotel in December. Our room, with two double sized beds, was clean and beautiful. Nice linens, good room amenities (toiletries, blow dryer, iron, coffee, etc). The lobby also looked great; the food in the restaurant was delicious. We enjoyed the Sky Bar and pool. This is the best hotel in Kingston by far. Everyone, from the security guard in the parking lot; the lady wearing the glasses at the front desk to the gentlemen who greeted us at the door was professional and friendly. Housekeeping did a great job.

Spanish Court continues to offer a well designed, beautiful location in Kingston. I would not want to stay anywhere else! Our room overlooked the parking lot and the entrance of the hotel, every morning my wife woke up early to watch the sun rise. I used the Gym twice very nice with excellent, high quality equipment, towels, a flat screen TV, and a nice bathroom. Very impressive! Compared to other Kingston hotels...there simply is no comparison. I look forward to visiting in the future.

I would like to say special thanks to the manager for looking after us, this lady is super nice. My son had an accident he fell off the bed and hurt his neck; it was very early in the morning so we didn't have any breakfast.

Just as we arrived at the hospital and was getting my son checked, a gentlemen came up to us and say are you Mr swaby I said yes, he said this is for you, we were so surprise, it was breakfast send to us by express delivery.. Wow.. no other hotel in the world would have done this, and trust me I know, living in England and being a DJ gives me the opportunity to travel all over the world.. I'm definitely going back again.

If you are looking for a very nice hotel that is near all the attractions with excellent service this is the place.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a very nice hotel that is near all the attractions with excellent service thi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank geminichris
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed at Spanish Court for 5 wonderful nights, reservations were made easy by Andres who was very helpful and prompt with answers to my many questions. The reception staff was very courteous so check-in was a breeze. The rooms are very well done, very contemporary and comfortable. The spa was great!!!!,

Room Tip: I stay in the 1 bedroom suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool, it had the best view I think..s...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChevoneT
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This Christmas, my family and I stayed for the 2nd time at the Spanish Court Hotel. I was interested to see if, after exactly 2 years, the hotel had been well maintained. Yes! Our room, with a king sized bed, was clean and chic. Nice linens, good room amenities (toiletries, blow dryer, iron, coffee, etc). The lobby also looked great, the food in the restaurant (escoviche fish) was delicious. We enjoyed the Sky Bar and pool. It was a wonderful oasis in Kingston. Everyone, from the security guard in the parking lot to the bartender at the Sky Bar to the gentlemen who greeted us at the door, was professional and friendly. Housekeeping did a great job. Spanish Court continues to offer a well designed, beautiful location in Kingston. I would not want to stay anywhere else! Our room overlooked the Sky Bar; I was afraid the music might be too much, but the room was very well insulated and we could hardly hear it. I used the gym once; it's small (like many hotel gyms) but had excellent, high quality equipment, towels, a flat screen TV, and a nice bathroom. Very impressive! Now they have a cafe on the ground floor, which was empty but looked pleasant. And on our floor they had a small tea room where guests could stop in for a drink or a snack (free). I loved studying the lighting fixtures and details around the hotel. It's sophisticated without being pretentious. Compared to other Kingston hotels...there simply is no comparison. I look forward to visiting in the future. We were offered free Champagne (or water or a juice) on our arrival. From start to finish, it was a delightful experience. I would love to host friends for drinks or dinner there, too. My 7 year old loved it as well!

Room Tip: We stayed near the elevator; it was fine the first 2 nights but we heard a bit of noise the last nig...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank FlaTravlers
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I loved the contemporary look and tasteful, essential design. The bathroom was equally modern, and most of all, brand new and clean. Standard rooms are bigger than regular rooms in most hotels. It is well maintained on the outside as well as secure. It is conveniently located across the street from a supermarket and just a couple of blocks from many different cheap eating places and clubs.
Some nice touches are the complimentary continental breakfast, free wireless, drinks upon arrival, 2 free bottles of water available in the room, a small but convenient bakery place, a pretty good rooftop spa, and very powerful A/C, which is not necessarily a given in Caribbean countries.
On the downside, although they were all very nice and polite, staff in general, but especially at the front desk, need much more training. Don't expect them to be able to give you directions or suggest any place to go or eat at. It was hard for them to even locate the hotel on a map and send us a couple of blocks away. The hotel itself lacks any kind of tourist information and tips, they should work more on improving this aspect. There's a drawer in each room with booklets and magazines that offer way more info than the whole hotel lobby area and front desk could ever provide you with.
The restaurant is great, but we were hoping it would include more items from local, typical cuisine.
Overall, our stay was easy and smooth at this hotel, I highly recommend it and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rossella Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Courtyard by Marriott Kingston, Jamaica
The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites
Liguanea Club
Liguanea Club
#8 of 25 in Kingston

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!