“Chicken Patties and Lobster Patties”
Review of The Brick Oven

The Brick Oven
Ranked #5 of 5 Dessert in Kingston
Cuisines: Jamaican
jamaica
“Chicken Patties and Lobster Patties”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I love the patties, soups and sweet potato pudding here!!! Love the new location too.

Visited April 2012

Much like the gourmet patties served at Devon House

Kingston, Jamaica
“nice little place”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Nice little place with wi-fi. They could do with a coffee machine etc to compliment great dessert.

edinburgh, scotland
“Really affordable food- and really good”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Though they can be a bit slow when busy (on weekends) this place is really good value for money. Get a chicken patty and eat it while enjoying the stunning grounds of Devon House... brilliant!

Visited April 2011
1 Thank mercutio58
Blue Castle; Jamaica
“Reduced quality pastries Ice Cream about the same”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

It has been a sad happy sad happy relationship with this eatery. I have been eating at the Brick Oven ever since Devon House location was on of my happy times with them …superb pastries, patties and loafs must for any visitor to Kingston. Then the sad came when they moved “forcible’ to that little cramped kitchen on Suthemere ….it did no justice to service and taste, I all but gave up on them never bothering to even venture there. But alas driving down Hope Road their signage almost caused me to wreck…
A new spacious elegant location …my heart bubbling over with joy. I spun around to 49a Hope Road right beside TGIF and entered …nice set up my happy meter was on a high, so I ordered my fav. Lobster patty Potato Pudding and Stout Ice Cream all was good. So I call my friends to tell them of the new location and we decided to go on a night out. This is where it all went south. Never the one for cakes and pies the party of 6 were not impressed by their Baked Alaska Ice Box or the Tiramisu all were horrendous… Ice Cream saved the night…all out of exotic patties. I left dejected.
Please Brick Oven...you have a tradition of excellence and taste don’t disappoint your visitors and customers your are a part of Jamaican Heritage maintain your standards because word gets around.
I will check back there from time to time to get my happy back...hopefully

• Visited August 2011