“Comfort of home”
Review of City View Hotel

City View Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Kingston B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband is originally from Jamaica & wanted to take me & the kids there for vacation. He tried to find a place safe & homely near his Kingston upbringing so that he could visit family & friends- he found that in City View. We arrived late & Mr. T was there to receive us with a smile & intro to the place. Ms Sandy & the other staff were very pleasant & accommodating. City View is a mountaintop Hotel which requires going up a mountain (I'm terrified of mountains), but it was well worth it. We traveled up and down numerous times; now I'm a trooper. The kids loved it. We spent three days there, left for Ocho Rios for 6 days & went back to City View for the remainder of the trip. The breakfast was great, service excellent, the view of the city below was breathtaking.
Ray & Family

Room Tip: City View has a beautiful honeymoon suite with a verandah, and a few more rooms, & an outdoor ar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Raymond W

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I had our wedding at City View and it was absolutely phenomenal. Even though I didn't get to see the venue till a week before the wedding, since I was planning from London, it was a thousand times more than what I expected it to be. From the service, hospitality and friendliness of the City View staff to the jaw dropping view of the city at night, this hotel is simply one of a kind. We really need tip our hats at Jhenille Richards, a wedding coordinator at City View, she knows how to get things done and she has such a remarkable character that made us feel comfortable and confident. We are completely satisfied with City View and have all intentions to revisit this gem on the hill and would highly, without reserve, recommend this location to anyone but particularly to couples. 100% guaranteed smiles and satisfaction.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was a treat for my Son and Granddaughter on their first trip to Jamaica.

My stay at City View in comparison to the other hotels around the island was excellent! Both Management and staff were approachable and very helpful, in the simplest of things. If you're looking for a hotel to stay with top notch amenities, this is not the place to choose. But the service that was provided, more than made up for what was missing.

Room Tip: Large and sunny rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at City View Hotel for 2 nights while on a 10 day vacation to Jamaica. We arrived there at the tail end of our trip and from the moment that we arrived, we were greeted with kindness, respect and the best service we could ask for. I mentioned wanting to find chocolate tea when we were checking-in, and to my surprise, the next morning at breakfast, it was served. Trevor, who took care of us along with the other amazing staff professionals, noticed that my fiance and I liked to be outdoors when he saw that we woke up one night to observe the city of Kingston, sparkling like a sea of diamonds. The next night, he caught us admiring the view, and set a table in the parking lot over looking the city, so we could have our dinner with a beautiful city view. The rooms were clean and spacious, the food amazing, the service fantastic. There were fresh flowers in the room each day. This is a wonderful treat for anyone who is staying in Kingston and who wants to see the city from afar, up in the hills.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea A
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the City View Hotel and were pleasantly surprised by what we found. After having traveled around the island for a week or so, I was already getting used to the generally lackluster service provided by the hotels and guesthouses we had been staying in. It was such a relief to find a place that had, not only one of the best views of Kingston, but attentive, friendly staff, who aimed to go above and beyond the expectation of budget travelers.

Be warned, the road to get up to the hotel can be a bit daunting to those unaccustomed to driving in the rugged Jamaican hills.

But once you arrive, you find a beautiful boutique hotel with antique charm.

For us, the best part of the experience was the hotel's location, outside the city, in the foothills of the mountains. My wife an I went to Jamaica in search of natural beauty and tranquility, so it was nice to be able to stay outside of the craziness of Kingston and be able to appreciate from afar.

We highly, highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdamGanuza
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently stayed at City View and it was more than perfect. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and portrayed professionalism is every way. Special thanks to Sandy our waitress, who went the extra mile in ensuring that my needs were catered to as we had some special requests. The food was absolutely tasty and the decor was beautiful.

The breath-taking view is to die for, and the atmosphere was welcoming and tranquil. I would recommend this venue to everyone as it is the perfect place to host any function.

Thanks a million to the Management and staff at City View.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Port Royal suite which was apart of our wedding package and it was lovely. It has...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Davion S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

these comments are for the owners to improve the facilities. More awnings were needed for shade from the midday sun. The space could not accomodate the wedding guests easily and it was difficult to see the head table. The wedding party was cramped and staff did not clear up and move the furniture quickly for dancing. The cake was cotched up at the intersection of two stairs. The cook could have done better as the food was Jamaican, the seasoning sparse, meat overcooked and the portions small. It was obvious that the management were not too particular for repeat business.
The view was good. The best service was the car park attendant. Hope City View improves the food at a minimum.
the bride was disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends