“Absolutely wonderful”

Ranked #2 of 29 Kingston B&B and Inns
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had my wedding at City View on the 16/09/12 and everything was perfect, even the weather. It poured, but that didn't stop the fun. Mrs. Bent ensured that everything was organised. Of course my guests were captivated by the scenery. The girls and I stayed the night before the wedding, very peaceful. Breakfast was heavenly. Sandy was great. All in all we enjoyed our stay. By the way, they organised everything for my wedding (one stop shop) and I could not have been more pleased. The food , the flowers, the decoration, I could go on. Mrs. Bent, you are doing a wonderful job keep it up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Khayla174

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I so happen to have our wedding here in august, I am speechless and in awe about our day, the food and the professionalism of the staff, and the owners and staff here. This was truly a dream come thru, the food tun up, the venue tun up, and thank god and would do it all over again. thanks again for helping us create our magical day. love mr and mrs mcdonald

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank colleen m
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I conducted a 5 night/4 day women's retreat at City View with a small group of women in June 2012. I found City View online when I was researching for an ideal place to host a getaway that was intimate, quiet, and cozy. When I arrived at City View, the "view" was breath-taking, the owners and staff is warm and friendly, and the rooms were beautiful and regally decorated. Going for a walk down the mountain was great exercise with Mr. Bent, who is a champion athlete. Need a place for a quiet personal retreat - check out City View Hotel.

PS. During the summer, make sure to travel with your "OFF" for mosquito repelling. This will make your time much more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank Hopelyn B
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of a trip around Jamaica and loved it. We found City view on tripadvisor when planning our trip from London and initially we weren't convinced as most reviews (although positive) were from years before. Happy to say that it is definitely worth the stay. Our room (St Andrew's suite), was spacious, had an incredible view of the city and we were well looked after. I was glad that we didnt opt for a hotel bang in the middle of kingston as with our location we could get everywhere easily but were away from the noise at night. Many thanks to Trevor, Andrea and the rest of gang!

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Andrew M
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed June 11, 2012

There are many positive experiences that you have while staying at City View Hotel. The property is outstanding as a boutique hotel, service, accommodation and meals are outstanding. The view of the city of Kingston is awesome, in fact one is able to see four Parishes [St. Thomas, Kingston, St. Andrew, and St. Catherine] from City View Hotel.

Room Tip: The roads getting to the Hotel are narrow and care is required.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank jamaica07Kingston
Clearwater Beach, FL
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I will just add my praises and agreement with everyone else. A stunning view from our balcony overlooking Kingston (see attached picture). And the morning breakfast of Ackee (the traditional Jamaican favorite) served on our balcony overlooking the city. And the best part is as you get close to the hotel, signs point the way, something most hotels in Jamaica have yet to learn

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Traveler5548
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I had the time of our lives at City view hotel. After our small wedding, we spend one week honeymoon in this magnificent suite. The swan towel and the beautiful king size mahogany bed was "to die for" gorgeous .City view has a breath taking view of the Kingston at night.. We just can't stop talking about the hospitality. Mr and Mrs Bent are the nicest two people you ever want to meet. I think Mrs Bent is the best cook in Jamaica. We felt safe and too comfortable. I left feeling that the staff was just one big family. Mr bent made sure I was comfortable on the first floor. "LOVE HIM" and Mrs Bent will always be my sister in my head "LOVE HER" My field of work can be stressful at times. I could not ask for a better place to refresh and let go of the stress of New York City. Thanks!!! I will not forget you.

Room Tip: suite on the first floor with the balcony overlooking the city :-)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple