“Mikuzi in Kingston”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mikuzi Kingston

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston
Mikuzi Kingston
Ranked #19 of 27 Kingston B&B and Inns
Piaseczno
“Mikuzi in Kingston”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

It is typical guesthouse with several rooms for guests. It is near Bob Marley Museum so it is good point to start sightseeing. Rooms have different prices depended of room's standard. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. It is good idea to pay extra money for room with air-condition system.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Mikuzi is located in Kingston 10, which is a pretty nice area. We stayed here a few nights and really enjoyed it, our room was very nice and clean, with a private bath and private balcony. It's a nice place to just kick back and relax. There are no restaurants or shops in the area that you can walk to, so having a car is a "must". Ms. Valerie, who runs the property, is a nice woman and can answer any questions you may have regarding the surrounding area. We liked this little oasis in the middle of Kingston, it is cute and artsy. I cannot believe people complain about ants on the floor, etc....you are in Jamaica, come on! I always travel with a bottle of RAID spray in my suitcase, that way if there are any bugs anywhere, I can get rid of them. It's that simple! During our stay at Mikuzi, however, we did not encounter any bug problems. I would recommend this little guesthouse, if you have your own transportation and are looking for a quiet area in Kingston to relax. We've also stayed at their property in Fairy Hill, Portland and enjoyed it very much as well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank GermaicanSpiceGirl
Jamaica
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Mikuzi is a quite place to stay. We recommend it for anyone that is not looking for anything within walking distance. No nightlife action. No restaurant. Nothing close to walk to, such as bars, entertainment or nightlife. Just a place to lay your head and watch tv.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and very pleasant. The staff is accommodating.

We give Mikuzi, 5 stars.

A perfect place to relax, be comfortable, and not for the tourist.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Mikuzi is a very good choice of accommodation in Kingston; is well located and very cosy. The owner is very nice and thoughtful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sofiagf
Chicago
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Before I say anything else, I would say that Mikuzi can be a decent option for your trip to Kingston if you keep a few things in mind.
1) A lot of love was put into this place when they designed it. However, the rooms haven't been updated in awhile, so make sure you are okay with very basic rooms. The room we had had a kitchen which was nice
2) There is very little right around Mikuzi, so you have to travel by car if its dark out. This place would have been much more accessible to stay at if we had a car.
3) It was very quiet while we were there. If you are looking for peace and quiet, this is a perfect get-away from the business of Kingston. If you are looking to meet other travelers, this is not the place for you. Everyone who was staying there just kept to their rooms

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank havensje
Southern California
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I have traveled solo in Jamaica many times and certainly understand the range of available accomodations. I admittedly got taken in by Mikuzi's charming website and a pleasant phone chat with the owner, Valerie, despite having been warned to avoid the place by two Jamaican friends.

Unfortunately, Valerie was not on the premises when I checked in and her son, Chad, was in charge. After being shown a variety of rooms that were much more shabby than charming I decided to stay because of the close proximity to several sites I intended to visit in Kingston. I checked into the front cottage only to find the entire floor swarming with ants before I even unpacked [only to be told they had no bug spray on the entire property!] and eventually settled into another that was very cramped and dingy. While the entire property looks like it may have once been charming, cleanup and repairs seem overdue and Chad, apparently acting as manager during Valerie's absence, seemed annoyed by any interaction and uninterested or incapable of basic pleasantries.

The Marley Museum was on my agenda for the next morning and since Chad specifically told me it opened at 8:00am I started out early, arriving at 8:30 -- only to find that the museum does not open until 9:30am!

It was my intention to stay in Kingston two nights but after one night at Mikuzi I was ready to leave. I moved on to Port Antonio, where Mikuzi has another property [which Chad's only comment about was "it is rustic"], but based on my experience in Kingston I did not even consider those accomodations.

Valerie and I spoke before I left Mikuzi and she seems like a nice woman who is trying to make a special little property, but the place needs some attention and she would benefit by having employees who enjoy and understand tourism.

It was only after I left Kingston that I learned the worst about Mikuzi -- I received an email from a friend who said she called Mikuzi several times while I was there and asked the man who answered the phone if she could speak to me briefly or if he could give me a message and she was told, "no." In twenty-five years of traveling I have NEVER stayed anywhere where they wouldn't at least take a telephone message for a guest !!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank Clearingcustoms

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Split, Croatia
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Mikuzi is a nice guest house in Kingston 10.you have many options...rooms are from 50us to 125us dollars.
I had little apartment with kitchenette,cable tv,internet,air conditioner..
you can visit web site for more information www.mikuzijamaica.com
I really enjoyed,people are so kind and nice.ambient is so relaxing.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo