“Not the same Hot Pot I knew”
Review of Hot Pot

Hot Pot
Ranked #96 of 196 Restaurants in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“Not the same Hot Pot I knew”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Went to hot pot for old time sake and for some good local food. After 9 years, nothing had changed about the physical location, but everything had changed about the taste of the food and the popularity of the place. We arrived at 11:30 and there were only 2 other patrons. When we left there was only 1 other patron. This is not the same place which was always very crowded. The bananas looked like they were not fit to be cooked. I ordered ackee and saltfish, which was OK. My friend ordered oxtail which I tasted and it was the worse I have tasted in a long time. I get much better oxtail from restaurants in Toronto than the one I tasted at Hot Pot. What a disappointment!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank olrowe

Hamilton, Bermuda
“Something has gone wrong”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have eaten at Hot Pot many times on trips to Jamaica. I look forward to their homestyle approach to Jamaican food. This time the quality and taste of the food as well as the maintenance of the courtyard had deteriorated greatly. The best thing was the carrot juice. The chicken was dry, they were out of oxtails and the rice and peas was bland and almost tasteless. I was telling some Jamaican friends about it the next day and they concurred, the business has deteriorated. The Hot Pot has become a Hot Mess.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank BdaTraveler63
“Best OX tail I had...”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Who cares about the ambiance... This place serves good food... Enjoyed their OX tail, roasted chicken and curried goat... Customer service needs to improve though... We waited for almost 15 minutes for our change and receipts...

Thank Fat sexy and pr... C
Miami Beach, Florida
“Local Eats”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you want to taste real Jamaican meals, this is the place for you!!

You get everything from pig tails and breadfruit, "Goongo peas" soup, goat and of course jerk chicken

be sure to try one of their fresh juices or punches also. I recommend the carrot and beet root punch

Visited December 2011
Kingston, Jamaica
“Consisently providing good Jamaican food for 40 years.”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Hot Pot is ideally located, good service, excellent food which is reasonably price. A perfect location to visit with friends.

Visited May 2012