The apartment is on the second floor and there are four flights of steps to contend with, awkward if you have heavy luggage. The block is very quiet but you do hear and see other residents. Security is good and staff very polite. My initial response on first seeing the apartment was what the pictures on the internet did not do it justice and what a nice and spacious apartment.
1. Not as clean as expected (given that a cleaning charge is taken):
• On arrival 07/11/16 whilst the agent Mr Taylor was there, cockroaches were seen. [On Wednesday 09/11/16 I waited over four hours for someone to come and deal with this issue. No one turned up and there was no response from the owner Ms Johnson when we called to find out what was happening. When we finally got through, we were told to use a spray which was in the kitchen. Most annoyingly there was no apology from the agent or the owner for the inconvenience caused and my time being wasted. This I fund to be very unprofessional. We do not feel that this problem was dealt with efficiently.]
• 5 empty beer bottles and what appeared to be used tissues were found in kitchen drawer, these were taken away by Mr Taylor the first evening. (This from a supposedly cleaned apartment).
• A used cake of soap in a filthy soap dish was found in the bathroom.
• Cobwebs were in kitchen area and on some walls.
• Scum was in the wash hand basin overflow.
• Dirty kitchen utensils and dish cloths were noted.
• A large amount of plastic take-away forks and containers – all of which should have been thrown out.
• No one came to clean the apartment in the two weeks we were there.
2. Ill equipped kitchen.
• No kettle. Due to the amount of breakages they have had, Mr Taylor said they were considering whether or not replacing it.
Later in the week when I asked the question – three times - is a kettle going to be supplied? Mr Taylor said “take the answer any way you wish”. He did however proceed to explain that I could boil water using one of the pots (he obviously had not seen the state of the pots!). I found his tone to be condescending and again unprofessional. It was clearly evident that the needs of their paying guests were not important or their concern. (Why should it be, now that they had our money!) Even though a deposit it taken for damages, I assumed to replace any broken items, we were inconvenienced because they didn’t feel like replacing it.
• Miss-matched bits of crockery, a chipped drinking glass.
• Pots that had the black coating scrubbed off.
• A very noisy microwave with a rotating plate that didn’t stay on the runner. More time was wasted putting that back on than heating the food.
• A large fridge that rolled forward every time you opened the door. This is not safe.
3. There is a lack of thought put into the apartment and it can certainly benefit from the following:
• A welcome basket, which in every other place we’ve stayed at, is offered to visiting guests. (Surely a tea bag, an instant packet of coffee, a small carton of milk and a biscuit is not too much to ask for.)
• A full size Iron board would be better than the current half board - which is no longer than my arm.
• A proper clothing rail to hang clothes on. Not four hooks on a wall. A shelf or two would also be good.
• A small fold away dining table with chairs (which can also be used out on the balcony).
• A clean, adult size sofa and chair. The current furniture is soiled and uncomfortable to sit on.
• A full length mirror. Not several small tinted hexagon mirrors which are not fit for purpose.
• A Brighter light on the desk with a proper adjustable desk chair.
• A hot water system that pumps hot water to the bathroom.
4. An observation noted in relation to the external communal areas was that on two occasions there was no “caution, slippery floor” board on display when the floors were being mopped.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
My stay at St Hughes apartment was very good ....The host make sure everything was good upon my arrival until I departed the island. ....Very good location with 24hrs security,close proximity to Devon house,Bob Marley museum and other attractions. ... Apartment is just as seen on the internet......Thank you Keisha and Robert