“A Shopping Paradise for Authentic Jamaican Items”
Review of Coco Joe's

Coco Joe's
Ranked #52 of 56 Shopping in Jamaica
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I visited this store to purchase books wrriten by Jamaican authors - specifically poetry by Louise Bennett who is a Jamaican Icon. She is the Maya Angelou of Jamaica. I met the most amazing sales person who directed me to the area where these items were sold.

The store is small but it is packed with wonderful Jamaican items that are sold at a very reasonable price. I compared the books I purchased at Coco Joe's to what was selling at the airport. One book was selling at a price that was $8.00 higher than my purchase price at Coco Joes.

They also sell the usual touristy items such as T-shirts; however, I think you'll enjoy exploring the unusual items sold at this store which are all authentically Jamaican. The sales person and cashier including the manager are simply terrific.

The store is located in downtown Ocho Rios on the first level of the strip mall on Island Plaza. Island Plaza is commonly known as Burger King Plaza as there is a Burger King restaurant located directly in the front area of where the plaza begins.

Our family purchased a total of 4 books and we had a terrific time speaking patois during our dinner later that day. So happy hunting at Coco Joe's

3  Thank sandramorr