“Bewitched in Jamaica”

White Witch Golf Club
Ranked #42 of 273 Outdoor Activities in Jamaica
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated on the historic 4,000 acre Rose Hall Estate, and sited on 200 acres of lush greenery and rolling countryside, The White Witch Golf Course is carved from the rolling countryside of Jamaica’s historic Rose Hall Plantation and is an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Robert von Hagge and Rick Baril. This 6,758-yard, Par 71 treasure is named for the plantation’s beautiful but wicked 19th century plantation mistress, Annee Palmer. Legend has it that Annee’s ghost still haunts the estate, creating an alluring mystique that has fascinated island natives and visitors for generations. Rated as the #1 Golf Course and #1 in Golf Shop Staff service by Conde Nast Traveler and winner of "Jamaica's Best Golf Course" title at the 2015 World Golf Awards, the White Witch is considered one of the finest golf courses in the Caribbean, characterized by mountainous terrain, cool trade winds, colorful foliage and spectacular ocean views from 16 of its 18 holes.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bewitched in Jamaica”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had a chance to squeeze in a round of golf the first week of Dec 2012 at the White Witch golf club just east of Montego Bay Jamaica this week- the course is spectacular- and each hole presents itself as a it's own challenge- playing up and down the mountain side through some dense jungle on either side of the ample fairways. You 'll have your share of tee boxes that overlook the fairways as they descend into the valley giving you pause to take a photo or two before determining which bunker you think you can clear on the dog leg fairway below or how much club you'll need to miss the pond guarded par 3's- the only water I recall on the course. Don't worry about the lack of water hazards the course has enough bunkers to snare your ball a few times and the jungle is almost always out there. The caddies are fabulous and enjoy their work. You'll have a great time here! Only minor drawback was no refreshments at the 19th hole- I caught the on course beverage guy for an ice cold Red Stripe that happened by otherwise I'd have been parched. I concur with the other reviewers that the taxi fares are too high to get there - $40 for a 9 mile RT- but my driver went 15mph slower than the rest of traffic to make the distance feel longer...not sure if that was on purpose. Good rental clubs were had for $25- and I packed balls, tees and a glove. Book on EZlinks (min 2 players) for best greens fees - and if the wind is up - play at your own risk. Had a great round.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bob D

Daytona Beach, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A course to write home about”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I played this course over Thanksgiving 2012. We are very glad we did not sit on the beach with the rest of our friends. The course is one of the most challenging I have ever played. Every hole has an elevation change. The view of the rest of the island are unsurpassed. We requested Shawnee as a caddie based on a previous review on trip advisor. She was beyond great. She could tell you the distance for every shot, knew the greens like the back of her hand, and told us about the history of the area. I lost my sunglasses during the round, she went all over the course until she found them, and called our hotel the next day. Very impressed with the course and staff. Bring a few balls, as shots off target are seldom found.

1 Thank Stevedelaroche
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing views and golf”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I played the white witch over thansgiving week 2012. I booked the golf through the hotel concierge. The rate was reasonable although paying 15 dollars for a 5 min cab ride seemed a bit excessive. From the moment you arrive, the views are breathtaking. The driving range alone was amazing as you hit in to a giant ravine facing the ocean. The course itself was in relatively good shape. The views were spectacular and the course was not easy. Our caddy was energetic and fun. She really knew the course.
If you love golf and you are in the montego bay area, you must play this course!

2 Thank Docolove
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
“Great Golf experience”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Myself and wife played White Witch first week of November 2012. Used Ezlinks.com to book golf and it worked great. Had Garfield as our caddie and he made the round very enjoyable..with his knowledge of the course and history of the area. I couldn't get over the shape of the course and the number of different golf holes. Truly a round to remember. After the round staff wisked away my golf shoes for a clraning....made you feel like a million bucks.

Played Cinnamon Hill as well.....not even close to the course or experience. I would play White Witch again in a heartbeat.

Staten Island, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a course”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had the pleasure of golfing here on oct 27th 2012. Amazing course, unbelievuble views and crazy elevations. Our caddies Eureka and Imara were great. the only complaint l would be able to say is the tee boxes were pretty burnt up. The caddies were knowledgeable and patient. my two buddies rang up a hefty cart bill which gave us an almost 5 1/2 hour round. HIghly recommend this course one of the nicest i've ever played. I will upload pics soon

Visited October 2012