“Amazing place and service”

Habitation Jouissant
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cap-Haitien
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Habitation Jouissant definitely lived up to it's name. I recently visited HJ with my family to celebrate my birthday, I had the time of my life. Mrs. Verne and the other staff were amazing. I would definitely go back for numerous reasons the price and importantly their hospitality.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank thovia85

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was visiting Cap-Haitian to participate in the Let’s Go Haiti marathon and stayed at the Habitation Jouissant. I have to say the manager, Florence is wonderful. She’s friendly, fluent in english and made me feel right at home. My room was very comfortable, clean and with fantastic views of the sea. The hotel is perched on the side of a hill over looking the sea and I enjoyed eating breakfast every day, looking out over the water with comforting ocean breezes keeping the temperature in check. I told Florence that I don’t normally write reviews, but that I would do so in this case, because she and the staff were so hospitable. I highly recommend it if you’re going to be traveling in Haiti.

Room Tip: It's worth paying a little extra to get a room with a balcony. At night, the breeze off the wat...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Richard V
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had the good fortune to stay at Habitation Jouissant recently and had a wonderful time. Florence and her friendly staff welcomed me and I was right at home. The views are fantastic. The rooms are modern and very comfortable, plenty of TV surfing and Great Internet on the property which sits high above the hussle and bustle of Cap Haitien. The sunrises are spectacular. The restaurant and bar is great. The food servers very warm and attentive. I love this place and look forward to many more visits.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I recently visited Cap Haitian in the north of Haiti. I stayed at Habitation Jouissant and it has everything that is required to ensure a memorable stay. It is a Boutique Hotel and as such the staff are very attentive warm and professional. Very nice property and when I next visit Cap Haitian I look forward to staying again at Habitiation Jouissant and enjoying a few cold beers on the terrace overlooking the bay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MichaelScown
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed there with a large group of 26 for a log week end. Of course we kind of overloaded their slow, provencial, easy going way of business. But the staff was very kind and willing to give us the best experience they could deliver. A welcome cocktail eased us in and we could enjoyed the wonderfull view of the cap haitien bay. Room were international standard, with very good mattress and linen, shower and bathroom up to par. Kitchen was able to feed us correctly, albeit they could not serve the large group at once, and some got their dinner very late. Morning breakfast very creative and healthy. Overall, a nice getaway, with some flaws easily forgiven if you know that the tourist industry is just coming back in this part of the island. Florence, the resident manager and her team really help us to have the best experience in a very challenging environment. Will go back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recently had a memorable stay at one of the newer hotels in this area. Starting with a warm greeting by manager Florence and welcome drink from the staff, there were many luxurious and thoughtful delights and surprises in the public areas and in the room. For example fresh Birds of Paradise in the bathroom. The best TV service in this part of the country. Wifi strong everywhere, even in rooms in higher floors. Slippers. Hair dryer. Toothpaste. Mouthwash. The room on an upper level was very private with a great balcony view over the bay of Cap Haitien WITH A TELESCOPE. I woke early as often happens in Haiti, and enjoyed a spectacular sunrise and a chance to scope out the primitive boats in the distance going out to fish.
The food was also superior for dinner and breakfast.
The only drawback is that it is more out of the way than some other hotels in the area, but they are also very proactive in offering rides and otherwise assisting guests who need any help.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank travelerE4246UW
Reviewed January 11, 2014

we were a group of 12 and we decided to go spend the new year in cap haitian and we'd chosen that hotel called habitation Jouissaint. It was amazing,the host "florence" was very welcoming, the staff was very nice, my room had a king size bed that was very comfortable, the food delicious, everything was perfect there. they have a nice pool, a nice view, a very nice deck . we really felt at home. if you think cap haitian , think habitation Jouissaint, it's the best…..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank MarieLouiseKhoury
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cap-Haitien
Cormier Plage Resort
#9 of 10 in Cap-Haitien
Abaka Bay Resort
Abaka Bay Resort
#1 of 3 in Ile-a-Vache

Been to Habitation Jouissant? Share your experiences!