“Good Local Flavors”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great place to grab a bite. We loved the food, service is quick and affordable. The servers were friendly, and the establishment is right accross from the occean; could not have asked for more

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The food is consistently good and make sure to have the Pina Colada while here...just make sure to ask them to make it with some fresh pineapple.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I love the hamburger's. The owner gets the meat from the cruise ships since they cannot return food items back to the ship after being in a port. She freeze's the meat and when you order a Hamburger you get a real Hamburger. The other food is very good and very native. I love to eat there. When I take groups over to Haiti we always make a point to stop at LaKay. One groups demanded lunch each day there. Just really good food.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

For a visitor to Haiti there aren't a lot of choices that would be "safe" (from a stomach health standpoint). Lakay is one that seems to be favored by American ex-pats, UN personnel, and others. There is only "outdoor" dining, but cabanas/umbrellas and fans help keep it cooler. A variety of food choices from local favorites to typical American dishes. There weren't a lot of people when we went, but the wait for food at lunch took a while. Service was good but food was just average--I got fried goat which seemed like it spent way too long in the fryer. Fried plantains were good--about equal to those served in other places throughout the Caribbean.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

After driving six hours from Port-au-Prince and attending two afternoon business meetings, we were ready for food, drinks and relaxation. La Kay was the perfect choice for our evening.
We arrived early on a Saturday evening and ordered dinner. The food, by American standards, was quite good; not great. I enjoyed it very much. The service was adequate plus; young Haitian ladies doing their job well.
The prices are excellent. My two colleagues and I had dinner and numerous drinks. The total tab was around $60 USD.
What makes La Kay special is the location; just across the stree from the ocean; and the crowd; everyone who is anyone in northern Haiti was there. Three of the most prominent businessmen in Haiti; two of whom I had met with just a few hours earlier; were in the crowd.
La Kay features a mostly outdoor dining area; some of it is covered in case of rain. The warm ocean breeze in this lovely setting makes La Kay an excellent choice. And it was walking distance from our hotel (Roi Christophe.) I look forward to returning to La Kay.