“An excellent experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port-au-Prince
Le Marcelin Inn Hotel.
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Port-au-Prince
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at Le Marcelin for 8 days and I had a good experience. The staff was excellent, I ordered food from the kitchen a few times and it was delicious. The front desk staff was very polite and courteous, my room was cleaned every day including new sheets. I told a few friends about this place. I really enjoyed my stay. I am not good with name but I want to say Thank you to the entire staff. I will see you again.

Room Tip: Suites are larger
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pititbondie
lemarcelininn, Owner at Le Marcelin Inn Hotel., responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging review...we hope travellers continue to value a good night's sleep in a clean, safe, comfortable and friendly environment...it's what we are endeavouring to create and maintain...our renovations are almost finished and we think the word beautiful will find its way in there shortly...travellers like you are our raison d'etre...keep coming to Haiti and enjoying all she has to offer!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at Le Marcelin Inn in March, 2013. The hotel is in the heart of the community, but it is a quiet treasure behind the gate. I didn't eat in the restaurant, and the staff could not speak English, but the hotel was quiet and peaceful. I heard no noise day or night while we slept.
It was reasonably priced, and I would stay there again. If there had been a microwave in the room or a small kitchen that I could have had access to, I would say it was perfect. I have American tastebuds, so I craved for foods that I did not smell coming out of the kitchen at Le Marcelin Inn. We took a cab to Pintionville to eat lunch daily.
I recommend this place to anyone looking for a budget priced hotel in Port au Prince. It was a very safe environment, indeed. We took pictures on the balcony. We did not use room service because I did not want them in my room when we were out. All and all, my stay at Le Marcelin was great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
lemarcelininn, Owner at Le Marcelin Inn Hotel., responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear April 1, 2013 Reviewer...thank you so much for taking the trouble to write a review and for your encouraging remarks...our operating philosophy has been to offer travelers an attractive, secure. comfortable stay in a Haitian ambiance...we know we don't always reach our goal but it remains our ideal...and we welcome suggestions on how to improve...it seems that you were mostly satisfied with the quality of the accommodation but we let you down in the culinary department...what would you have liked to see on our menu to entice you to try out our Restaurant Facility...if you have the time and inclination email us at lemarcelininn@aol.com...your ideas will be put to the test and we will provide feedback...thanks again for your interest...Menes and Francoise, Owners.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I will give it an 8 this time the hotel have policies but they aren't posted and I don't like it the hotel is under constructions and every morning I woke up by a bunch of noises and since I'm a newly wedd and that's pissed me off beside that my wedding was beautiful I had a blast the party was fun

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank brndljason
LMI12, Owner at Le Marcelin Inn Hotel., responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you for your review and our very best wishes for a sucessful married life..We are very sorry that your wedding stay was disturbed by the hammering going on...we wish it were all finished, redecorated, and had fully met your expectations...it will be shortly as we expect to have completed renovations by the end of the year...perhaps you will consider celebrating your first wedding anniversary with us... a free bottle of champagne awaits you... we hope you will like the "New Look"...until then we sincerely appreciate your taking time out to tell us that you enjoyed your party...once more congratulations and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've been a visitor to, and sometimes lived in, Port-au-Prince for over 25 years, and I only wish I had discovered Le Marcelin sooner. This charmingly designed, exceptionally friendly and welcoming small hotel is the answer to this Haiti traveler's longtime prayer despite some bizarre opinions to the contrary on theTripAdvisor site. Unlike some more "famous" properties, which are high in price and often laughably low on hospitality or simple things like plumbing, Le Marcelin is the creation of proprietors, Madame et Monsieur Pierre-Pierre, who truly care about the quality of their patrons' experience and who have tried (mostly with great success) to instill in their staff a desire to provide service that often ranks with the best I have ever encountered in Haiti. The rooms are helpfully appointed and of decently large size, and along with the spacious, spotlessly clean private bathroom each includes, they offer free wifi. The full breakfast included daily in the rate is superb, featuring a plate of tropical fruit followed by an omelette or comparable food, plus good strong coffee -- an excellent start to the hectic nature of life in Haiti's bustling capital. (Flavorful, fairly priced dinners are also available each night, a real convenience given the shortage of such spots in Port-au-Prince proper.) The curvaceous swimming pool is small but eye-catching, and constantly cleaned, whiled the sundeck area provides a nice little oasis just off the rue Marcelin, a couple minutes' walk up from rue Capois. Perhaps the most outstanding thing here is the helpfulness of the staff: I was personally most grateful to Edner, Toussaint, and manager Presnet Jean; when a medical emergency arose on the third day of my stay, Presnet and the other folks at the hotel responded in a manner above and beyond the call of duty, and thanks in good measure to their efforts the incident ended quite well. In short, I believe Le Marcelin to be the best choice for any traveler of modest means who would like to discover a delightful "home-away-from-home" in an often-difficult city. This happy place allows true Haitian warmth to shine through, and I salute Mr. and Mrs. Pierre-Louis with a hearty "merci beaucoup" for allowing me to become the latest fortunate beneficiary of their admirable hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank CaribbeanArtLover
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Dear Caribbean Art Lover:

Thank you so much for your review,specially the recognition awarded Edner Toussaint for his particular attention to your needs and your mention of the fact that we were able to deal satisfactorily with "the medical emergency". I know travellers are often worried about this aspect of travelling abroad and it should be a comfort to them that events such as these can and do have happy outcomes.

We enjoyed your company and our exchanges and only regret that we weren't able to have you visit our "gallery" of haitian paintings but "ce n'est que partie remise". We are continuing with our renos and may have completed our new paint job before your next visit which we anticipate with pleasure.

Until then good health and happy travelling....p.s. have you any pix you would like to post? We would love to see them....tks again....Francoise and Menes Pierre-Pierre.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was my fourth stay at the Marcelin Inn.
The grounds are well maintained. The hotel is clean and safe. The rooms are well lighted and clean. The staff is courteous, friendly and goes out of their way to make every guest comfortable.
The food is prepared on demand and it is very good.

During my last visit , I had the priviledge to chat with the owners concerning their vision and plans for the future of the hotel, particularly safety et well being of the guests. I was thrilled to learn that soon they will introduce a mandatory training on CPR (Cardio-RespiratorReanimation)
for all staff members. Also an Automatic External Defribillator will be available in case of cardiac emergency. Le Marcelin Inn will be the first hotel in Haiti to train their staff in CPR.
Good news indeed.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank wleblanc1931
lemarcelininn, Owner at Le Marcelin Inn Hotel., responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear "Stay at Le Marcelin Inn June 9, 2012":

Thank you so much for your positive response. We are very gratified that you have enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to hosting you in the future. We are determined to make Le Marcelin Inn a comfortable, fun, and safe experience and as you stated will be investing in AED equipment shortly and have the staff trained in its application.

Right now we are completing a series of improvements to the infrastructure to be followed by redecoration of the building. We may be small in size but we are big in ambition - we want to be the best of our class if not the best of all! Thanks for your support and suggestions. They are helping us achieve our goal!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I am a businessman and there was not wireless access in my room. I had to go down and sit by the pool. At night it was almost too dark to work. Getting coffee in the morning took almost 30 minutes and it was excruciating waiting for breakfast. I had real issues with communications as well and needed to have my client come to straighten out the bill when I checked out. Otherwise the woman at the front desk wanted to charge me for an extra day

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank DearOldOakParker
lemarcelininn11, Owner at Le Marcelin Inn Hotel., responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Get the Lead Out At Breakfast....so sorry you seem to have had a bad experience with Wi-Fi and Breakfast.....the Wi-Fi is often out of our control as it depends on the service provider and the climate..as you may recall we had an unusually wet March with a number of thunderstorms during which time for safety sake we must turn off the internet...as for coffee it generally is available before six in the morning and breakfast is served starting at 7..yours is the first complaint received about the quality and timeliness of our breakfast as we pride ourselves on meeting client wishes in this area and I hope it will be the exception that proves the rule...for added lighting and any other needs we always remind clients' to call the desk at "0" and we will be happy to comply with all reasonable requests...you also must realize that in an earthquake prone zone, construction requirements call for a great deal of reinforcing rebars in walls, supporting columns and slabs and this makes it difficult sometimes to receive and send electronic messages from inside rooms... for this reason we have designed the hotel with many comfortable open lounge spaces where messages can be sent or received in privacy...sorry but safety dictates some inconveniences....hope these comments answer your concerns and thanks so much for bringing them to our attention.....sincerely Francoise Pierre-Pierre, Owner, Le Marcelin Inn

Reviewed November 30, 2011

the service was good but i think the rooms are very expensive more than any other country that i visited for the price i paid the room wasn't big enough or nice enough.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank brndljason
lemarcelininn11, Owner at Le Marcelin Inn Hotel., responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2011

Dear November 30, 2011....we are so gratified that you experienced great service in a clean restful room at our hotel in June 2011 and that you kindly informed us via Trip Advisor of your positive experience...we have been working very hard at maintaining our service at top levels and are pleased to know that our efforts are succeeding....unfortunately we can't do much about the size of the rooms as we are located on a limited city lot in PaP but you must admit that having a Queen Size Americana Bed, TV, Telephone, Fridge, Fully Equipped Bathroom, AC, Electricity 24/7 in a country that regularly suffers electrical blackouts, Wi-Fi, Full Breakfast, and all Taxes included in your Double Occupancy Room Rate at No Added Cost when circumstances require the importation of most goods and services is a good deal...still improvements are always possible and we would like your help in making them..please send us your specific recommendations and we will make every effort to implement them...sincerely "La Direction"

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port-au-Prince
Le Plaza Hotel
#11 of 20 in Port-au-Prince
NH Haiti El Rancho
NH Haiti El Rancho
#1 of 13 in Petionville

Been to Le Marcelin Inn Hotel.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Le Marcelin Inn Hotel.

Address: Rue Marcelin 29 | Turgeau, Port-au-Prince 6113, Haiti
Location: Caribbean > Haiti > Ouest Department > Port-au-Prince
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Port-au-Prince
Price Range: $69 - $85 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Select International Standard Rooms and Suites starting at US $79, WiFi, Breakfast, Taxes, for 2 included, Breathtaking Panoramic View of Port--au-Prince from Roof Garden Terrace, Restaurant serving Haitian cuisine, Conference facilities, Friday "Troubadour by the Pool", Airport Transfer US $ 30 ... a few minutes from Champs de Mars, MUPANAH Museum...Haitian Hospitality "sans pareil" P.S. Don't forget your camera!..... ... more   less
Le Marcelin Hotel Port-Au-Prince