“Great place to stay...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port-au-Prince
Healing Hands Guest House
Ranked #15 of 50 Port-au-Prince B&B and Inns
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great place to stay...”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at this guest house for a week. The people and food were great! They made sure you had clean towels for the shower and made your bed every day. They really made you feel at home - right down to the resident dog, Gracie!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank brandybritton73

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at nice hotels in PAP but I have stayed here 3 times and love it. Healing Hands for Haiti Guest House is a clean, affordable, dormitory type accommodation. Breakfast, lunch and unlimited supply of clean drinking water are included in the nightly price. All proceeds go to benefit the mission of Healing Hands for Haiti which provides rehab and prosthetic limbs for Haitian people. Both meals are served buffet style so there is no waiting (unlike the hour long waits you will experience for meals at other hotels and restaurants in Haiti) The food is delicious and safe to eat. Wireless Internet. Gail can arrange transportation for you to and from the airport and can help you with other transportation if you need it. I never had hot water for my shower but it looks like other reviewers have. Frankly after a long hot dusty day in Haiti, a cool (it was not cold) shower was refreshing. The sheets and pillows are obviously very worn so if you want smooth 500 count sheets and a feather pillow you should bring your own:) Contact gailbuck@healinghandsforhaiti.org

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Deborah W
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I spent 6 nights at the Healing Hands guesthouse in May and really enjoyed my time there. They have everything you need-- wifi, hot water for showers, good meals, laundry service, and even a swimming pool. The staff are great and take really good care of the guests. My favorite thing about my time at the guesthouse was the opportunity to meet the other guests. Everybody who stays here is really interesting and I loved chatting with them over meals and in the evenings. Gail does a wonderful job managing the facility and making sure all your needs are met. Airport pickup was fast and easy. Next time I'm in Port-au-Prince I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Tish365
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Being from Haiti, I know first hand how hard it is to travel and find proper/affordable accommodations. HHH was a great alternative. They have a reasonably priced transportation offering from the airport, their location is not too far from it either. I stayed in a large shared room at the guesthouse and it was clean, with working bathroom cleaned daily. I think there are too many beds in the room but since I was the only one there when I visited it wasn't an issue.
The staff is super friendly and they offer fresh local fruits in the morning as part of breakfast and will save you a hot plate if you're coming back after diner time. I must admit that having internet available was ohhhh soooo good. I managed to get all of my business handled (checked voicemails, chatted online, updated my facebook status, uploaded pictures etc...) and not go into internet withdrawal.

I would certainly recommend HHH if you've stayed at hostels or camp before and don't mind sharing you room. This is not a hotel and I prefer it that way. I'll definitely go back and try to make it into the pool next time.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Room Tip: There seem to be private room options. I didn't ask but if you don't like sharing, you shoul...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank gabyrig
tennessee
Reviewed March 13, 2012

First time guest, didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised by the facilities and the people. If you're looking for the Hilton you won't fin it on Haiti, but if you're looking for a comfortable base for any length of trip this is a great spot. Meals were excellent, wifi, pool, and laundry service were all unexpected treats. I'll be back soon! Tell Gail and Andy, Jeremy says hello!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank thetapop1
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Healing Hands guesthouse in Port au Prince on 6 different trips, be it for one night, or a full week. Each time it feels like I am visiting a family summer home, and I look forward to seeing the familiar staff! Everyone is very friendly, the rooms are tidy and the food is great! Even when the house is at full capacity it is not that difficult to get a shower (I believe there are 4 on the main floor and 1 each on 2nd and 3rd floor) Rooms are equipped with fans.
I do recommend you bring ear plugs to help with sleeping due to general city noise and animals (this is true of the entire city). I would also bring your own bug net, better safe than sorry I say!
The guest house has a pool and small grounds (though there is current construction of the new rehabilitation centre on the lower portion). There is round the clock security. Home is equipped with wireless internet, as well as a desktop computer for emails home.

Room Tip: The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms are generally warmer, but also more quiet as they are away from the main...
Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mespwa
CANADA
Reviewed December 25, 2004

The Healing Hands for Haiti guesthouse is similar to a hostel. I have stayed here twice now with volunteer medical teams. I have yet to be dissapointed by this guesthouse. The staff is amazingly friendly, and could not be more welcoming. For 49$ US you will get an amazing breafast (fresh fruit always!!) and wonderfull super (often from the Haitian menu) and a place to stay. Did I mention the pool on the property and the 7 acres you can go explore? I will be going back here in March and cannot wait. See webpage for more info --------------------

21 Thank marchaiti