“Great oasis in the heart of Port au Prince”
Review of Visa Lodge

Visa Lodge
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Port-au-Prince
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two days. Cery comfortable hotel. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, food was excellent, pool area was very nice, and Air Conditioning was excellent. Comparable to a good 3 Star in the states. All in all a good stay. I will return on my next mission trip.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank kenspidey52

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Had to be there for my work. Good nice bungelow style appartments and normal environment. As everywhere in haiti just must be careful with whatvyou eat and drink but the pizza at the bar restaurant is the bestbpizza i had in years so....
Swimmingpool was nice after work and for the rest is was fine. Ok the wifi far from the lobby is not working but that give you an excuses to go to the bar and order pizza.
Ok bring your own shampoo soap is present. And ofcourse armed guards and the entrance but that is an relaxing point.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel for 2 nights after staying at a dismal hotel (Habitation Hatt). I am so glad that we found this place. I do not have anything bad to say about this hotel. Food was great. Pool, room and atmosphere made this hotel awesome for my wife and I. We are coming back in 30 days for 4 more nights. Employees all were very nice and always had smiles. The owner was a cool dude nice to talk to. I did not know they had free airport transportation but I do now. Thank you VISA LODGE.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I found that the rooms were clean and the airconditioning was very good. We had supper there and the portions were huge and the food was good. Also included was breakfast which I found the selection to be fine

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel was very comfortable, great food, professional and friendly staff, and very private. It’s an old place in needs of renovation, but well kept. I felt completely safe when I was there; they have cameras all over the place, and the security guards were discreet, but they were there. The front desk was very flexible when I wanted to change my reservation, and I was even allowed to check in early. The hotel was clean, my room was always clean, the pool was clean and inviting…. It was very quiet; I woke up every morning to the sound of the birds singing. The reason I chose this hotel was because of their shuttle from and to the airport, but the continental breakfast was a plus. I was impressed.

Room Tip: The largest rooms are between room 20 to 30
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Skittles O
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Visa Lodge hotel on a business trip to Haiti during the last week of August 2012. I’ll start off on a positive note. One of the young ladies at the Front Desk is absolutely the best thing about the hotel. She speaks fluent English as well as French and Creole and is very, very helpful. Customer Service from this young lady was the best.

The hotel is located in an industrial area so banish any thoughts of stepping out to purchase anything or to stretch your legs. In the Lobby area there were three (3) desk top computers which were covered with a healthy serving of dust. They were also very, very slow. Right behind the area with the computers was the bar/restaurant. My best advice while in this country is to be aware of drinks that are mixed just prior to serving. Water quality can be an issue so use bottled water for drinking, mixing beverages etc. The food area attracted a number of flies so one had to be very careful about the selections of food and beverages. I only consumed sealed (single serve) food items for this area.

The rooms are duplex units. The main entrance is a wooden door but there is also a double glass sliding door on the other side or each unit. I stayed in two (2) different rooms while I was there and in both cases, one could not be entirely sure that the wooden door was locked while inside the room. In one of the rooms, a metal wire hanger was bent around the door handle to the sliding door to secure the door.

The AC takes forever to cool down to a tolerable temperature. Hot water only remains available for a couple minutes while showering and the bathroom in one of the rooms emitted a horrible odour that reeked of a sewer problem.

The ladies who clean the rooms and some members of the customer service staff in the restaurant were very pleasant.

Room Tip: I don't know that this hotel has any good rooms but if one must stay here, do not chose rooms th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Helen K
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed for one night because it's closer to the airport and the car rental place.We were flighting out the next day.We didn't like like the location but it was covenient. The room and bathroom was cleaned. Breakfast was included in the rate but choices were limited.I did not like tthe idea of the refillable bottle of water in the mini refrigerator. An regular bottle of water doesn't cost that much. Overall , it was OK for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marie f
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port-au-Prince
Marriott Port-au-Prince Hotel
#4 of 20 in Port-au-Prince
NH Haiti El Rancho
NH Haiti El Rancho
#1 of 13 in Petionville

Been to Visa Lodge? Share your experiences!