“THE EXPERIENCE WAS WONDERFUL”
Review of Le Plaza Hotel

Le Plaza Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port-au-Prince
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed there in May 2013 for 5 day and it was an enjoyable moment. The hotel is nice, the room was neat and clean, good food but expensive, the service was excelkent. Overall, it was a nice exoerience and stay....

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank henryde26

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. The rooms are very pleasant and the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Breakfast is included and was very good. The bar was fun after a long day with a pleasant bartender and good crowd of Haitians, Europeans and Americans.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Travel127121
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights. The rooms were are average - actually way overpriced for what they offer. But worse was the attitude of the staff. Any remark or question was totally ignored or answered with a high level of indifference. Not a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank DAT_Trips
LePlazaPortauPrince, Manager at Le Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Sir,

We apologise that your stay was not satisfactory with us at Le Plaza.
We are very concerned about your comment about our service and would like to know more about your stay and what happened.
Would it be possible for us to contact you? Please could you send us a contact number on reservations@plazahaiti.com?
Again, we apologise about your experience and hope that we will get the opportunity to change your perception.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I spent three nights at La Plaza and found it to be completely acceptable. It is a typical 1960's style conference hotel. My room while old was clean and the bed was fine. The TV was old and reception poor but there are flat screens in the updated rooms (if that is vital for you) and also in the open air restaurant area. The bathroom was dated but again clean and completely sufficient. If you need a new hotel with all the comforts then you might be happier with Petion-Ville hotels. A buffet breakfast was included and was fine. I ate dinner at the hotel and liked it and the service while not speedy was very pleasant! The employees speak some English though French and Creole are preferred. I speak neither French or Creole and no troubles at all communicating. Check in and out was quick and simple. There is an ATM on the premises and a bank next door. There are several souvenir vendors in front of the hotel. All in all I was completely satisfied with my stay. If you must or just want to stay in Port-au-Price rather than Petion-Ville then La Plaza is a very nice option.

Room Tip: Try to get an updated room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was there few months ago I enjoyed everything the only things I did not like was the check in because I came from an other part of the country I came by bus I was dirty with dust and my kids, we did not check in until 4:00 I was so unconfortable and need a shower so badly they did not accomadate me and my families on that, and the waiters at the restaurant was rude to my husband because he did not have any more money to tips them. Everthing else was good I would definetly stay there again the hotel needs more accomodation because I know nobody in port_au_prince to stay until I check in and the bus arrive there early.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sniegourka
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at $126 a night after having told a lower price during an earlier phone conversation. Room was spacious with 2 king beds and a rather noisy but effective aircon. Small balcony but you picked up the hot air being blown back outside. Hot water needed a while to warm up but bathroom was spacious and effective. Pool was 3 days late in being ready for use. WiFi better than Cap Haitien but very patchy and worked best early mornings or late at night. This is an OK resort style hotel but hard to see the value for money...Haiti is a very overpriced country all round. Safe in room but didn't use and had no problems leaving IPAD charging in room while I was out. Reception staff were helpful at all times. Breakfast included and the cafe had a good menu range with good food. Depending on traffic, a 30 plus minute taxi ride to Petionville. In hindsight it would have made more sense to have gone for a much cheaper accommodation option and simply eaten at the cafe and used WIFI from there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MJS1966
Reviewed April 1, 2013

the staff waqs very riendly.my husband knew a lot of people working there but still they were very courteous. the second day i wanted to have an omelet and they were very happy to find me something else. i was so happy. i hope next time i can go to the pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank martine l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port-au-Prince
Marriott Port-au-Prince Hotel
#8 of 13 in Petionville
Hotel Habitation Hatt
Hotel Habitation Hatt
#10 of 21 in Port-au-Prince

Been to Le Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!