“relax, surf, meet awesome people”
Review of SunSet Surf Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Francois
SunSet Surf Camp
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
“relax, surf, meet awesome people”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The owners Peyo and Babette really do a great job in managing the camp and create a relaxed and uncomplicated atmosphere, which let's you enjoy the beautiful setting of the camp with open common areas, a nice garden with hammocks and pool, and bungalow rooms. Also non-surfers are very welcome and there's plenty of stuff to do: chill at the pool, drink a Ti Punch (or two) at night at the lively Bar, play table tennis, chill in the hammocks, cook delicious stuff in the common kitchen..and use the library with a lot of books or play miniature pool, go through the various card games etc. (by the way, I left a full Poker set including Chips there, feel free to have a go). Every couple of days, Peyo and Babette prepare a very nice dinner with local food and diverse sorts of homemade Rhum-Punches: very nice ! I would definitely go again, heard saying that this ranks among the best places for Budget travellers in Guadeloupe.

Room Tip: You will get the best room available...i booked a backpacker room and got a single room just because...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been passing through surf camps for years, from Morocco to Mozambique and I have never had a better stay (or better surf).

The break at St Francois has consistent conditions, and are great for any level. Ben, my surf coach, changed the way I surfed and brought me to a whole new level in the sport. He's one of the best coaches I've ever had.

Peyo and Babette, the owners, are the salt of the earth. Rooms are comfy and I passed many a hot afternoon cooling off poolside. I plan to come back...A LOT.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Peyo, the owner, speaks perfect English and him and his wife are great hosts. The breakfast is perfect with fresh baguettes every morning. The rooms were clean and neat and the entire camp is kept the same. We loved the pool. We played our own music in their new sound system. The camp is conveniently located next to a car rental company, and Peyo told us where the best surf and kite surfing beaches were located. Overall, Peyo was very friendly and helpful. It's a great atmosphere for a great price. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
North Vancouver
Reviewed October 25, 2010

St. Francois is a lovely little beach town on the south part of Grand Terre Island in Guadeloupe.

I stayed at Sunset Surf Camp, a family run hostel which had dorm accommodation for 29 Euro per night, best I found on the island.

They also have private rooms of course and surf lessons are optional. Peyo and Babette's lovely series of covered patios with hammocks and sqinging chairs are perfectly arranged to catch the cool breezes and are furnished with book exchange, games, ping pong, basket of sporting equipment, bar etc. In short they had everything I wanted to make my stay pleasant. The rooms are off the patios with fans and good mosquito nets, an essential for the island. There is a pool and a kitchen for sharing. The beach is a five minute walk down the road.

I heartily recommend St.-Francois and Sunset Surf Camp.

1 Thank MandyleftChina
#4 of 8 in Saint Francois
La Cocoteraie
La Cocoteraie
#5 of 8 in Saint Francois

Been to SunSet Surf Camp? Share your experiences!