5,548 results
All reviews marie galante speak french beach bar chef de village beautiful beach water sports public beach evening shows foie gras circus team special thanks mango english speakers flying trapeze palm trees other resorts main restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I really enjoyed my stay at Club Med La Caravelle. I had lots of fun participating in the activities. My personal highlight was the teens club, it was also a lot of fun scuba diving. I want to give a shoutout to all the people that made my stay great. From the kids club you had Stefan, Vaso and Logan. From finance you had Quentin. From the bar you had Livio and Steven. From the Circus you had Mathide, Esteban, Arthur and Benjamin. From archery you had Masau (Sebastian). From reception you had Ingrid and Leonie. From diving you had Oliver. From photography you had Roberta, and finally from the pool you had Jean Maxime. All these people helped make my stay amazing and I will definitely come back. I also fully recommend coming as I believe you will all enjoy it as much as I have. Thank you everyone for giving me such a memorable experience. Hope to see you soon!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank alexstrassberg
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med La Caravelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Thanks for your review of Club Med La Caravelle and the special shout-outs, they're sincerely appreciated! We're glad you enjoyed participating in a number of activities and had lots of fun in the Teens Club with the G.Os! We hope to see you again soon. The Club Med Team

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Besides a great location, there is nothing great about this Club Med We were at Les Boucaniers in Feb. 2019, and you cannot compare La Caravelle to it.
No GO at the airport to greet you. You take a cab and they drop you at their roundabout.
Then you look for the reception desk, and its a small area in white wood where people don't look happy to work.

Bedroom: large enough, but old with not very clean walls and doors. Bathroom sink cracked and just look at clothesline in shower. Great ocean view, but a really sad looking room Nothing in the fridge except water. Even if all is inclusive, if you want beer or anything else, you've got to pay.

The buffet is in a large clean room and the staff at the buffet is friendly and smiling.
For most of the ladies attending the tables in the dining room, they look like if they wanted to be somewhere else. We could see many people serving their own wine;
we finally did the same because beside getting rid of th diry plates, the waitresses didn't pay much attention to you or your needs. I thought they were also pushing their A la Carte Wine a bit too much ( every lunch and dinner),

The food was OK, but not great as you can find elsewhere. At the BBQ on the beach, the chicken kebabs were not done, almost raw.
The main bar, Le Colibri, is not well located, there is no fun atmosphere.

The lady who sells the tours, Angélique, is great and very nice. We booked a tour at Les Saintes, and it was beautiful; the guide Rachel was very knowledgeable and it was a greau day.
At the reception, you can find daily news from your country; that is for almost everyone who's there, except Canada. Being probably the second largest crowd besides the French, they could have thought of it. Even USA are there.

I am not complaining about the noise because if you stay at the Marie-Galante, you don't hear it. We also knew there would be constructions and renovations.

This Club Med barely deserves 3 stars. Nothing special about it, espectially if you compare to anywhere else. If most of the GO don't like their job, do something else.
a few exceptions, Esteban, Benjamin, Yuri and a few others.

There is also the fact that the beach is public, so around 4 PM after work, you have groups of family and young locals that come to the beach with there big radio.
When Easter vacation came, it was worse, even if security do their best so they don't take the Club chairs.

If all Club Med were like this one, they would not exist anymore. We really thought they were offering the same standards in every Club.

When our group left Les Boucaniers, in Martinique, almost all the GO and staff were at the entrance, waving and saying goodbye. At La Caravelle there is not even one person to show you were reception is when you arrive!

Room tip: Only at the Marie-Galante
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louise L
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

We stayed from Mar.17.19 to Mar.24.19. We were 3: me (55), my wife (44) and our daughter (10). My wife and me are Brazilians and we have been living in Orlando, Florida since 2001. We speak Portuguese, English and Spanish. Our daugther is American and Brazilian. We flew Norwegian from Ft Lauderdale to Guadeloupe in 3.30hs. Approved !!!

I was a frequent Club Med member from 1992 to 2000 and I am returning to show Club Med to my wife and daughter.

The village is under renovation and probably you will be a little disappointed when you arrive, because the buildings looks like old, but after one day you will not pay attention on this anymore. Our room was 280 at Grande Terre, close to the main building. It was renovated. We felt a little of mold smell on the building, but it was ok.
The renovation under way is huge and the village will be wonderful in a couple of months.

But the thing is: you don't go to a Club Med to be inside your room and I can say, the MAGIC is still there !!!

.Beach is beautiful and well located: 30min from the airport and 13min walk from Sant Anne downtown (small village with souveniers, phamarcy, supermarket, etc)

.Club Med Energy and the GO's: shows every night are very good !! Chef du Village Stephan is a show man !!!

.Miniclub: my applause to the mini club team !! Thanks for their super kidness with all kids: Timothy, Theo, Sara, Vaso and the others. It was my daughter first time at Club Med and she LOVED !! In fact we were missing her, because we just could met her at night !!! She was always playing and having fun with kids she met and the GO's.

.Sports: if you want to learn something, everything is there: archery, trapeze, wind surf, kite surf, sailing, etc

.Food: very good with things for every taste !!!

.About English: most of people don't speak English. Remember you are in France !!! But we could communicate and learn a little bit of French. Google is there to help. Some GO's speak English and all from the Mini Club did.

.It is village where 50% of the guests are 50 years and old couples, most from France. Many families with kids and few singles.

.Smoking: again, you are in France... people smoke much more than we are used to in US. But this is part of their culture and we are visiting and learning about other culture.

.Excursions: we did 2, one to Les Saintes and the other a catamaran for one day on the big Guadaloupe bay.
Les Saintes we think we needed more time there. We visted the Fort Napoleon and a beach close to the port that is not beautiful. We had a nice lunch in a restaurant called Le Kanaoa.

Catamaran was very nice with transparent blue and grenn water. We recommend.

There are many other options: hikking to the volcano, waterfall, 4x4 rides, etc

.Traffic on the island is sometimes jammed, but anyone can drive easely. Narrow, curvy roads and small vehicles.

.Weather: perfect with some short rains during the day.

.Money: currency is Euro, but most of the places accepts Dollar.

.Beaches: all beaches are public, so you can go anywhere. Even at Club Med beach you can see few locals and tourists from outside the resort.

.Trip to Guadeloupe
We flied Norwegian from Ft Lauderdale. Nice flight, nice aircraft, nice price (around US$ 300 each)
Ft Lauderdale airport immigration process took 1 hour when we returned in Mar.24.2019 at 11am !!! If you can, avoid this airport !!

.Parking lot close to Ft Lauderdale airport
We used PARK 24/7 (2800 South Federal Hwy), but I don't recommend. There is a trick with the price. On the website they say US$ 7.95, but when you arrive there is US$ 12 without reservation. But the worse is the pickup time: it took 45 min to us to be pickup. First van was full when it passed by terminal 4 and the second it was almost full. I think they don't have enough shuttles.
I don't recommend !!!

Well, we enjoyed our experience at Club Med and Guadeloupe. You discover a different culture and we recommend !!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MauricioB913
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med La Caravelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Thanks for your review of Club Med La Caravelle! We're glad your family particularly enjoyed your experience with the Mini Club and connecting with G.Os - thanks for those shout-outs! It's great to hear your family took part in excursions outside the club as well! We hope to see you again soon. The Club Med Team

Reviewed April 24, 2019

Most people at the front desk had only a little bit of English. One or two were better English speakers. The translation of the day’s activities was unclear to English readers for instance I was told by one of the ladies at the desk that “relaxant for French people meant go to the bar, have a café and join in an activity” in English “relax” means you might go to the bar, or have a café, but you destress and don’t worry about social expectations.

The dance show was wonderful, except for the unrelated videos in back of it. The circus show was amazing. And karaoke night was nice. But the emcee basically spoke only in French and he and the music were unbearably loud.

I really came to Club Med because of your reputation of dancing and was sad that none was available. I would call this Club Med a sports and water sports location, with archery, tennis and circus school but not dance-friendly.

The specialty restaurant was quite good, but asking about gluten free & spices was difficult because of the language barrier. It was at end of the property along a very uneven and poorly lit path. As seniors we went only once because it was difficult to traverse.

I asked to speak to a manager on two occasions and both times was rejected. I was either told there was no manager available or provided an insufficient answer by the employee I asked.

As someone who has severe gluten allergies I was pleased to find that this Club Med had a number of gluten free options. On the first day the assistant chef personally took me around the buffet pointing out the gluten free options. The next day the head chef was even more accommodating to my needs. Those of the café staff who spoke a little English always tried to be helpful. The lady who served us fresh fruit was a particular delight. She always had a big smile on her face and with almost no English made me feel welcome.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2019

In spite of on going construction (ending in July) the accommodation was great and the Club Med Caravelle did a good job shielding the construction area from the functioning side of the village, without loosing on any amenities and sport areas. We were a group of 24 people of the same family coming from France and the US and had the greatest possible time. A special mention to the folks of the excursion desk who organize a great private Catamaran trip for the whole group we will never forget.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med La Caravelle, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Thanks for your review of Club Med La Caravelle! It's great to hear your group enjoyed your catamaran trip and had an experience you will never forget! We hope to see you again soon. The Club Med Team