We stayed at this resort the last week from June 27th - July 5th. We had 9 people in our group total, 4 adults and 5 kids. We had a great time, but there are a few thins that could use some work:
Beautiful resort: The location is gorgeous! The water is clear and warm. The layout of the resort is nice and everything is easy to find. The rooms are your typical Club Med rooms. Nothing fancy but comfortable.
Food: Yummy! As usual the Club Med buffet was great. So much selection! never bored with food and liked to try everything.
Chief de Village: Mathias was spot on as chief. He did a great job making everyone feel welcomed and having a nice time. He was also in the shows a well. Shows that he really likes his job and cares about the people there.
Activities: There were lots of activities that you could do/try. The circus and trapeze were big hits with my family. Aqua Gym was fun to do in the ocean. The GO's has fun activities after aqua gym on the beach, from slip n slides to bubble parties. Lots of fun. The sailing crew was not particularly welcoming and didn't really give lessons or look like they wanted to!!
My biggest problem with this Club Med is the Kids Club. There was an incident that I witnessed between my daughter and a GO that was unacceptable. I did not have my daughter go back there after that. The GO's at the Kids Club do not have any experience with children. I was very unhappy with them. Yes, there can be difficult children, but if you cannot control them or are having issues, contact the parents rather than doing something inappropriate. My younger son was fine at the Kids Club. Also, the schedule they have is not always accurate. It might say archery/sailing at 11:00, but if one kids wants to go sailing and the rest want to do archery, then they go to archery....why have a choice if you can't do them both.
I would go back to this resort, but not have my daughter in the Kids club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all inclusive resort on one of Guadeloupe's finest beaches. Located in the heart of the Caribbean, La Caravelle all inclusive resort is an ideal setting for a vacation retreat. Soak in the Caribbean sun on the golden beaches of Guadeloupe, experience island culture in the markets and shops of Point-A-Pitre, or treat yourself to the ultimate spa treatments at the resort's wellness center. With activities for both parents and children, La Caravelle is the perfect winter retreat for the entire family. Children, young and old, will be thrilled to take a class at the truly unique trapeze and circus school on the resort grounds. While the children try their hand at juggling, trampolines, or tight ropes, parents can enjoy a peaceful meal at one of the many beach side restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Caravelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Caravelle Hotel Sainte-Anne
- Club Med Ste Anne
- La Caravelle Club Med
- Club Med Guadeloupe
- Ste. Anne Club Med
- Club Med La Caravelle Guadeloupe/Sainte-Anne