Spent 12/7 to 12/14 at La Caravelle.
Language - Everything is in French
Not understanding and being an American we were lost, missed so much!! Do not go to La Caravelle if you do not understand French. Americans do not seem to be welcomed. Most of the guests were from France and most did not speak English. I asked if the GOs could use English, especially when introducing shows and other events. They said they would but never really did make an attempt. No wonder only about 14 Americans were there! Some GOs did attempt to speak English one-on-one, but some GOs (especially females at reception) were actually rude and were not happy about having to speak English, some didn't know English at all. Did meet some nice guests who translated for us!
Accommodations: Awful - Do not take rooms in Basse-Terre: room smelled like mildew and there was mold in the bathroom. Mentioned this many times and their answer was to spray the room this awful smelling stuff. They also changed the filter in the AC, but none of this helped. They actually painted over the mold in the bathroom on our last day!!
Food: OK - could have had more fresh fruit, hoping for papaya and mango, but I guess not in season.
Would not go back. If you are an American do not go here, got the feeling they didn't like Americans much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all inclusive resort on one of Guadeloupe's finest beaches. Located in the heart of the Caribbean, La Caravelle all inclusive resort is an ideal setting for a vacation retreat. Soak in the Caribbean sun on the golden beaches of Guadeloupe, experience island culture in the markets and shops of Point-A-Pitre, or treat yourself to the ultimate spa treatments at the resort's wellness center. With activities for both parents and children, La Caravelle is the perfect winter retreat for the entire family. Children, young and old, will be thrilled to take a class at the truly unique trapeze and circus school on the resort grounds. While the children try their hand at juggling, trampolines, or tight ropes, parents can enjoy a peaceful meal at one of the many beach side restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Caravelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Caravelle Hotel Sainte-Anne
- Club Med Ste Anne
- La Caravelle Club Med
- Club Med Guadeloupe
- Ste. Anne Club Med
- Club Med La Caravelle Guadeloupe/Sainte-Anne