“relaxed and comfy”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Made made feel welcome as soon as I walked in. Hosts, Helen and Rod, are so friendly and relaxed you feel as if they have invited you into their home. Room was very comfy and clean. The evening meal was exceptional and breakfast huge. Heather, the house keeper is a star. I will definitely use the Hawk and Buckle again next time my business takes me to North Wales

There are newer reviews for The Hawk & Buckle Inn

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My son, who was working in the area at the time, recommended this pub as a great place to eat.
On balance, I agree with him.
The atmosphere was warm and friendly...the staff were accommodating!
The food was good...typical good 'pub grub' - no frills...hearty and tasty.
Slightly above average price wise - but good value...
Recommended - if you can find it - use your satnav!
I would eat there again if I were in the area.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

After waiting almost 20 minutes to order our evening meal it took over an hour for it to be served. We ordered drinks which were never served, we had to go to the bar to get our own and then we were charged for the drinks that never arrived! The food when it did arrive had clearly been microwaved and was very average to say the least. We were left for the full hour with no explanation of why our food would take so long and were not once asked if everything was ok. We were then not offered desert. I would not stay here again. We were staying for two nights but chose not to eat there on the second evening.

2  Thank emma m
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had two evening meals and two breakfasts cannot fault anything. Fresh hot home cooked food everytime!!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and myself have just spent three days here. The old coaching inn is so comfortable, the staff so friendly and the food fantastic! The weather was pretty terrible but we can't control this! In spite of the rain, we enjoyed the break enormously. We met some lovely people too.

Been to The Hawk & Buckle Inn? Share your experiences!