All reviewsnational trust propertystaff were absolutely brilliantallocated roomadjoining roomscooked breakfastwalled gardenwest walesspent nights herepuddinga lovely stayboth occasionsfresh fruitthis lovely hotelwelsh countrysideshort drivecouple of nightsshort stay
Reviewed August 8, 2010

we stayed at the tyglyn, the food was excellent , the public rooms are nice, the bedrooms are over priced and in dire need of an upgrade on the main stair case the wallpaper is peeling off, the curtains in my room were held up by wire and they were ripped i saw a room that has been modernised it look very cheaply done this hotel is advertised as a budget hotel but the price of the rooms are too expensive at the rate of £71.00 inc breakfast which was not all that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank midyfudge
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The Tyglyn hotel was poorly signposted from the main road but once we found it we were welcomed efficiently. The hotel is surrounded by peaceful quiet countryside and a garden. The room was clean, well-furnished, with a high standard shower room although there were no biscuits with the hospitality tray. The evening meal in the restaurant was excellent. The breakfast was unremarkable and a bit mediocre compared to the rest of the stay; the sausages were cheap, the hash browns from frozen, and there were not many options - a small range of cereal, toast and cooked breakfast. However, the service was attentive and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed at TyGlyn while working in the Lampeter area in March 2010. I'd heard excellent things about the quality of the food, and I can certainly back that up - it's tremendous. I'd thoroughly recommend the chef's special chicken curry, it really is quite delicious.

The room quality was very much on a sliding scale, it's quite obvious that a great deal of money has been spent on modernising TyGlyn in recent years, although there's still some way to go. My room was of a fairly good standard, with a brand new bathroom suite, fantastically powerful shower, and new paintwork in the bedroom. However, the furniture and television were very dated, while the pillows were not conducive to a good night's sleep. I would reiterate that they hotel management are quite obviously trying to bring the entire hotel up to standard, but these things take time and money.

My colleagues' rooms varied enormously, from the downright dreadful to the overtly luxurious (jacuzzi, anyone?!). It was very much pot luck. I was dismayed to hear that not all rooms had a shower though, as I do feel that a shower is a basic requirement.

My problems were compounded on the second and third mornings by a problem with the hot water (a fuse had blown, it transpired). And as such, I had a horrendous cold shower on both mornings. Not funny!
That said, I was very kindly discounted the cost of all the meals and drinks I'd charged to my room by way of apology.

Don't let my experiences deter you though, TyGlyn is a lovely place, with wonderful food, in the middle of startlingly beautiful countryside. The management are working very hard to drag the hotel kicking and screaming into the twenty-first century, and things can only get better.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Foxtrot-foxtrot
Reviewed July 5, 2009

brilliant . i think the hotel is classed as 3*** i think it has been under rated . the room we had had a view to die for was clean plenty of towels tea and coffe facilites,ironing facilites, hairdryer you could really travel light . we stayed for the whole weekend and it was well worth the money staff was friendly nothing too much trouble well done mark and the team. i woul highly reccomend a stay to anyone and special thanks to mark the chef and his wonderfull kithen staff for providing us fantactic food all weekend. i got to say everyone of the staff works hard to provide excellent service
well done to you mark and the rest of your staff keep up the good work . we will definatley be back for another visit thankyou very much for makeing our stay so pleasant

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cardiWales
Reviewed December 18, 2008

I am very surprised that Ty Glyn has not got more reiews on this web site. Ty Glyn was the venue for our Daughters wedding reception, the hotel is lovely set in a quiet valley.
We all had a fantastic day, the food was excellent and the staff were great, nothing was too much trouble.
All our guests were looked after and they all enjoyed themselves.
We have been back a few times to sample the excellent food in the Gallery Restaurant.
Mark and his staff make you very welcome, keep up the good work .

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank penmorfa