All reviewsnational trust propertystaff were absolutely brilliantallocated roomadjoining roomscooked breakfastwalled gardenwest walesspent nights herelocal areapuddinga lovely stayboth occasionsfresh fruitthis lovely hotelwelsh countrysideshort drivecouple of nights
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed overnight as the wedding I was attending had its reception here. The reception was great - really good food, and my gluten and dairy intolerances were taken care of and looked after really well. The bedroom was nice - maybe the furniture was a little dated, but the bed and soft furnishings were comfortable and modern without being in your face. The bathroom was really lovely - and a heated towel rail a real plus. The shower had adjustable temperature and was easy to use. The only quibble I have was breakfast. Very limited in choice, and bacon and eggs turned out to be one slice of bacon and a fried egg. My mother asked what types of eggs they had and was firmly told 'fried'. Her mushroom was half a large mushroom. The standard for bacon and eggs is two bacon to one egg, so portion sizes here were a little on the small side - and given the cost of bed and breakfast here (I've paid similar prices in London), was a little disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank lodesgymraeg
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at Tyglyn in May 2013 with a group of friends when we were cycling from Anglesey to London.
Our stay was only a night but it was at the end of 80 miles of cycling misery through the worse weather Wales could throw at us!!
We were soaked and freezing cold, but with some forethought we'd rung ahead and asked them to stick the heating on, which they did without hesitation.
Once there and booked in, they then happily collected all our wet kit and ran it through the tumble dryer for us, and what couldn't be tumbled was strewn across radiators in various places throughout the premises.
The staff were absolutely brilliant, we ate in the restaurant and the food was simply excellent in all aspects, choice, quality, quantity were all top notch and the breakfast was similarly faultless.
The rooms were well appointed, clean, tidy and very comfortable.
I have recommended this venue to several friends who are into both cycling and motorcycling as a brilliant stop over, I recommend you give it a go to.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank adders66
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Ty Glyn is in a pleasant location, find the primary school in Ciliau Aeron and turn down the road opposite. We were given a warm welcome (including our well behaved dog) - our room was nicely decorated with a good size shower. Breakfast was excellent - made as requested and we thought the place represented good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ffiona W
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

After some difficulty in finding Ty Glyn we received a warm welcome. However we were very disappointed with our room. It was in serious need of updating; stained, peeling wallpaper & a lack of furniture. A double room which had a bedside table on only one side of the bed & a wardrobe, nothing else! The bathroom again needed modernization. The walls seemed to be very thin, so much so that conversations could be heard in the next room. This was all very disappointing as the pictures of the rooms on the website bore no resemblance to what we had.
Breakfast was only served till 9 which is quite early, especially on holiday. The choice was very limited although the cooked breakfast was excellent.
On a positive note cleanliness was of a high standard & the staff were all very helpful.
The £80 per night which we paid does not represent good value in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank CarysWhitehouse
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Attended a wedding at Ty Glyn on 8th October, being a local I expected high standard from previous comments.
The food and location was excellent, very friendly staff and plenty of parking.
We drove past the place several times and finally noticed the faded signs.
At arrival we had to wait a while to be able to check into our room as there was nobody on reception, asked Mark what time breakfast was, he was unsure and we had to ask where the rooms were.
Not a bad room apart from the large crack in the window and miss match furniture, but a nice modern shower room.
Television was on it's way out, we had to give it a nudge every 2 minutes to get the picture back.
No sound proof in the hotel, we could even hear the conversation in the next room!!!!!!
Found the kettle was filthy as I was about to fill it with water, ran my finger inside and the brown grime came off easily, didn't fancy making a cup of coffee after seeing that!!
Breakfast was fantastic, with plenty of tea and coffee but breakfast finished at 9.30am, which is quite early.
On checking out we had to wait for a while for the receptionist (again), sent the other half to ring reception from the room, nobody came until a member of staff had to get him.
Our room cost £84 for one night which I thought was highly overpriced with such low standards.
I explained to Mark the situation with the t.v, noise and the dirty kettle and the only reply was "really? Oh" No apology which left me feeling ripped off and very annoyed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple