All reviewsnational trust propertystaff were absolutely brilliantallocated roomadjoining roomscooked breakfastwalled gardenwest walesspent nights herelocal areapuddinga lovely stayboth occasionsfresh fruitthis lovely hotelwelsh countrysideshort drivecouple of nights
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Attended a wedding at Ty Glyn on 8th October, being a local I expected high standard from previous comments.
The food and location was excellent, very friendly staff and plenty of parking.
We drove past the place several times and finally noticed the faded signs.
At arrival we had to wait a while to be able to check into our room as there was nobody on reception, asked Mark what time breakfast was, he was unsure and we had to ask where the rooms were.
Not a bad room apart from the large crack in the window and miss match furniture, but a nice modern shower room.
Television was on it's way out, we had to give it a nudge every 2 minutes to get the picture back.
No sound proof in the hotel, we could even hear the conversation in the next room!!!!!!
Found the kettle was filthy as I was about to fill it with water, ran my finger inside and the brown grime came off easily, didn't fancy making a cup of coffee after seeing that!!
Breakfast was fantastic, with plenty of tea and coffee but breakfast finished at 9.30am, which is quite early.
On checking out we had to wait for a while for the receptionist (again), sent the other half to ring reception from the room, nobody came until a member of staff had to get him.
Our room cost £84 for one night which I thought was highly overpriced with such low standards.
I explained to Mark the situation with the t.v, noise and the dirty kettle and the only reply was "really? Oh" No apology which left me feeling ripped off and very annoyed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank alawd1
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I recently attended my graduation ceremony at Lampeter University, we stayed overnight in the town. The night before, my husband, son and friend went to Tyglyn for a meal. It was very enjoyable, well-cooked and served, the staff were friendly and efficient, and the view over the grounds was entertaining, watching the rabbits playing in the distance. I'd recommend Tyglyn to anyone wanting a good meal at reasonable prices in a relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Carriebeca
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I arrnged a Christmas Dinner here for the 'Old Cranks Motor Cycle Club' we are a local group and go out for a chrsitmas dinner every year. From the moment we walked in the door we were made to feel welcome. They have a lovely Bar (a litlle small) but very relaxing for a pre dinner drink. As a group of 14 we had a private room with one large table so we could all sit together. The food and service was excellent and not only did we get christmas crackers we also got santa hats to wear and take home which pleased so many of the men in our group! Special thanks to the waitresses for looking after us so well. We will be happy to recommend this hotel for an evening meal. Shame we all live so close so we had no need to stay over.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ann9025
Reviewed August 8, 2010

we stayed at the tyglyn, the food was excellent , the public rooms are nice, the bedrooms are over priced and in dire need of an upgrade on the main stair case the wallpaper is peeling off, the curtains in my room were held up by wire and they were ripped i saw a room that has been modernised it look very cheaply done this hotel is advertised as a budget hotel but the price of the rooms are too expensive at the rate of £71.00 inc breakfast which was not all that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank midyfudge
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The Tyglyn hotel was poorly signposted from the main road but once we found it we were welcomed efficiently. The hotel is surrounded by peaceful quiet countryside and a garden. The room was clean, well-furnished, with a high standard shower room although there were no biscuits with the hospitality tray. The evening meal in the restaurant was excellent. The breakfast was unremarkable and a bit mediocre compared to the rest of the stay; the sausages were cheap, the hash browns from frozen, and there were not many options - a small range of cereal, toast and cooked breakfast. However, the service was attentive and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business