“A magical relaxing break!”
Review of The Yurt Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tregaron
The Yurt Farm
Milford Haven, Wales, United Kingdom
“A magical relaxing break!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have just arrived back from 4 nights stay in the Orange yurt. And all i can say is THANK YOU so much! It was exactly what is advertised! No let downs at all, if anything is surpassed our expectations! Laurie and Thea are lovely, the veg was amazing!! What else can i say but an ideal place for a break away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We arrived at The Yurt Farm a lot later than expected, due to our car breaking down and having to wait for a courtesy car... not a good start! By the time we arrived it was 10.30pm and on the verge of being pitch black. We got lost (thanks to the sat nav!) but a quick phone call to the yurt farm quickly sorted this out and we were met by Laurie, who showed us the way to the farm and then helped us unload before showing us to our yurt.
We couldn't really see much as it was so dark, but what we could see was just magical. We lit the lanterns that hang around the inside of the yurt and got the wood burner going. In no time at all our yurt was lit up by candle light and the warm glow of the fire made our yurt lovely and cosy. The kids got straight into bed and were fast asleep within 5 minutes!
We woke in the morning to a pleasant sight... blue skies and white fluffy clouds above, which could be seen through the clear rooftop of our yurt whilst still laying in our lovely kingsize bed! :)
I quickly pulled on my wellies and made my way across the field to the compost toilets. I have to be honest, these were the only thing I was dreading. Well, that and being without my ghd's!
I could never imagine myself saying this, but the toilets were just beautiful!! No nasty smells, which is what I'd imagined, just the smell of wood which has to be seen to be truly appreciated.
There's a communal cabin where you can cook, or just hang out. They have a lovely big sofa in there, a woodburner which you are free to use to keep the place nice and snug, and a good selection of wooden toys, board games and books. There is also a shower block located here and I have to say, these too were not how I'd imagined. The water was piping hot, just how I like it. There was only one 'morning' where I had to endure a cold shower, but that was because It was more like midday and I'd spend the morning sat outside our yurt in my pyjamas and wellies, drinking coffee! It really is THAT relaxed there.
As I mentioned, I was a bit 'concerned' about not having electricity, but this really wasn't a problem. I showered, let my hair dry naturally and just tied it back. I'm sure I must have looked a bit like the lion king with my unruly mane, but it was so relaxed there that you really don't give it a second thought.
The owners, Laurie, Thea and their lovely children make you feel really welcome and are always on hand if you need anything. They really made us feel like nothing was too much trouble and you leave feeling totally inspired by what they do and how they live their lives.
Our children were free to run around in a safe environment, without having the distractions of TV and video games. It was lovely to just sit back and watch them play. Such a simple pleasure but something that often gets overshadowed when they're at home.
There is a fantastic little farm shop just outside of the yurt site, and you can buy an array of delicious produce. We had lamb burgers, new potatoes, peas, carrots and lettuce and you can really taste the difference with it being all organic. I can also HIGHLY recommend the organic marmalade, which is absolutely devine. We've only been back a couple of days and we're already nearly at the bottom of the jar! We did also buy some organic free range eggs, but sadly we left these behind in our yurt. Gutted :-(
The weather was on and off. We had some serious rain one day and night, but in all honesty it didn't spoil our time at all. We just lit the wood burner, stayed in our pj's all morning and played board games, and it was really enjoyable.
On our last night we used the outdoor pizza oven and decided to make our own pizza's... which was a first. I have to say, it made such a difference using the organic ingredients (available in the cabin to purchase) and we have since vowed to NEVER buy a shop-bough pizza or use a takeaway delivery service ever again!
All in all we had an excellent time and we cannot wait to return. The Yurt Farm is a really special place and we cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank southwest82
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was our second time here this time however we stayed in the train carriage. It was so beautiful inside and the attention to detail was amazing. We love it here its such a relaxing, lovely place and the owners Laurie and Thea make you feel so at home. Can not wait to go again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shelley K
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My friends and I had a wonderful time at The Yurt Farm. We hired the 18ft and mini Yurts which were both well equipped and comfortable - very warm as well when the wood burning stove was going!

The other facilities were great as well - warm water in the showers and clean toilets. The pizza oven is also wonderful.

One of the best things about the site is the scenery - it is beautiful and the sky on the first night was one of the most amazing sites I have ever seen.

If you have kids the Yurt Farm would be a good safe place to stay and you can feed the chickens and pigs.

All in all it was a perfect holiday and I would go back in the blink of an eye.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ChrisJ1983
County Durham, UK
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is our 3rd yurt holiday and it was fantastic. We have loved all the yurts we have stayed in but the added extra at the Yurt farm is the sense of community which Laurie, Thea and their little family generate. The welcome couldnt have been warmer, despite the first couple of nights of pouring rain, and it does feel like everything has been well loved and well crafted and. There is plenty of space between the yurts - we were in the bottom field - but it is equally possible to get to know other families and we often had to hunt for our children(aged 6 & 7) in several other yurts as they made themselves at home in all of them.
The way that everything has been made so simply and beautifully is inspiring and having quality, local food on tap, so to speak, made eating out unecessary. This is sustainability in the truest sense. My husband has started to take an interest in our veggie patch!
This holiday allowed our children a real taste of independence in a safe space and there is everything you need either in the yurt or the communal cabin, including the all important wood burning stove for cold evenings(and drying out)
Laurie and Thea have created a really special place and we cant recommend it highly enough.

1 Thank Pam B
Altrincham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

It's been a few days since we returned from a week's holiday at The Yurt Farm but we are still dreaming about our perfect holiday and beautiful little train carriage. The site itself is glorious and thoughtfully set out, the views from the Train Carriage are magnificent. It feels as if the site has been crafted with love and everything you could possibly need has been provided by Laurie and Thea. The solar powered showers were always hot, the communal cabin a great place to meet other campers, it also has tons of extra equipment, and the outdoor eating area and pizza oven a fantastic haven even in the pouring rain. I admit to being worried about the compost toilets before I arrived but they were absolutely fine and incredibly clean.
Our children (2 and 1) absolutely loved the farm and had the freedom to roam far and wide, chasing chickens and looking for the cows and pigs on the farm. The secret swing in the field below the carriage was a favourite place to hide.
This was our first family holiday and it was everything I wanted it to be.

Room Tip: We had the carriage and it was brilliant. The view is beautiful and although it is small we were fi...
1 Thank Rachel H
Thornbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just returned from a week at The Yurt Farm. The fact that is poured with rain for most of our time there seemed irrelevant. Laurie and Thea have created a little idyllic corner of west Wales and there is nothing that they haven't thought about in setting up The Yurt Farm. We stayed with our 2 small children (1 and 3) who both loved it. Whether it's drying off in the cosy yurts with the log fire burning, collecting fresh eggs from the chickens, drinking coffee in the cabin whilst watching the children play and make friends in the sandpit or cooking on an open fire (with all the necessary equipment provided) with a stunning view of the Cambrian mountains, our stay at The Yurt farm was the best family holiday we've had and we will certainly be returning soon.

Room Tip: We took the grandparents and rented the 18ft yurt + mini yurt. Great to have a second tent to retrea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tregaron
Y Talbot
#1 of 2 in Lampeter
Larkhill Tipis and Yurts
Brynarth Country Guest House
Elenydd Wilderness Hostels - Dolgoch Hostel

Been to The Yurt Farm? Share your experiences!