“Fun day with JnJ Tours”

Seven Sisters Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Grenada's most beautiful areas where a waterfall rushes down the mountainside into a large pool perfect for swimming.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I were in Grenada off the Emerald Princess Cruise ship on Jan. 23, 2014. We took JnJ Tours Island tour with Stan Grainger and assistant. We visited Annabelle Falls, Spice Shop, Grand Etang Rainforest park, Volcano Lake and Grand Anse Beach.
The falls and surrounding area was just beautiful. This area is lush and green with amazing plant life. At the spice shop we learned about different spices growing on this island. The smell was just intoxicating here! Loved it!
Had a view of Volcano Lake from the Grand Etang Rainforest area, and here we got to see Mona Monkeys come out of the forest and spend some banana eating time entertaining us all. They were wonderful! Very exciting to see them in the wild.
The last stop was the beach and we were able to be shuttled back to the ship at our leisure. My husband and I walked a great deal of the beach enjoying the beauty and the sounds of the waves. I got great deals from the ladies in the market area and a very tasty pina colada. The beach chair venders were a bit pushy, but a no thank you did the trick. I got my own drink myself even though there were many who were more than happy to get it for you. I just never like to trust a drink in someone else's hand especially randomly on a beach. It was just a beautiful spot to relax and enjoy! Stan Grainger and his assistant were professional and informative. We would not hesitate to join him again on another tour!

8  Thank Rowse
"mostly downhill"
"bucket list"
"flights of stairs"

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Our trip to Seven Sisters / St Margaret's falls was definitely a memorable experience. My wife and I are relatively active and fit and, having read the reviews, felt that a visit to the falls would be within our physical capabilities. We duly paid our 5 EC dollars entry having parked in the tiny car park outside the booth. The attendant went to great lengths to advise us only to secure the services of the one 'official' guide on duty - he was out on the route when we arrived. He said we should be wary of unofficial guides. Great emphasis was placed on our personal security, which was rather unnerving. Having been pointed in the right direction, we found the route as described. We started by climbing some mud steps, at the top of which is a small hut where you can buy refreshments. We then descended the tricky trail, climbing between boulders and going down muddy steps. We had read that it was easier going up - just as well as it was very slippery going down! After a while, we met 'Warren' dressed all in red, to indicate that he was the official guide. We were happy to enlist his help. He proved to be nimble footed, despite only wearing plastic sandals, and he showed great patience and concern when we encountered trickier parts of the trail. As we approached the waterfall, we had to use stones to traverse a reasonably deep river. Again, he offered us support and guidance to accomplish this without too much difficulty. At the waterfall, Warren demonstrated his prowess by jumping into the first pool and then diving into the second one. We tipped him and said we would make our own way back but he said that he would rather escort us back - again there was reference made to our personal security. He remained very helpful as we made our sedate progress back up the trail. It happened to be raining very heavily at this stage, turning the footholds into muddy puddles. We were very glad to have worn waterproof walking shoes and have brought walking poles. Sticks are provided for walkers at the departure point. The whole visit took just about 2 hours. After a change of clothes we were ready to continue our exploration of this fascinating island.

6  Thank Owen_thesaints
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stopped in Grenada on 23 January 2014 aboard the Emerald Princess cruise ship for a port call. We had booked reservations on-line an with Stan Grainger and JNJ Tours prior to our arrival. The booking process was easy and JNJ Tours was at the cruise terminal upon our arrival. The excursion included visits to: a Rain Forest, Volcano lake, a Spice shop, Fort Frederick, and a beach stop. We were only in port for 5 hours, so our time was limited. The tour was reasonable in price, informative, and well worth the time and effort. Stan's team was very professional, informative, and friendly. I highly recommend JNJ Tours on your next visit to Grenada.

1  Thank BMP57
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is a lovely hike to do with a guide. It can get treacherous during a week of rain so be careful. Wear shoes you don't care about getting muddy. You are after all in a rainforest. I would rate the hike as moderate to difficult depending on the conditions of the trail. I watched several people, myself included, slipping and sliding through thick mud. That said, though the two waterfalls that remain accessible after Hurricane Ivan are well worth the trek in. Be sure to wear your swimsuit so that you can enjoy the pools.

1  Thank Glenda R
See more reviews
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was a little worried about taking this hike because of some of the reviews about how hard it was.

The drive to the hike is about 45 minutes. We chose to go on a tour with a guide and were very pleased to have done so. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the local herbs and plants. The hike itself takes about 40-45 minutes on the way down and the guide was great in ensuring that we took the easier route down over the rocks; we went on a rainy day and yes it was slippery! If you are not so agile and not so super fit then a stick is pretty essential as is good footwear with grip. You just need to take care and enjoy! We also had some water plimsolls with us which were great for the very last part of clambering over the rocks and through the river to get to the waterfall itself. The waterfall was lovely for swimming.

The hike was worth every minute, despite the rain. We loved it!

4  Thank BeatriceKelowna_BC