“nice clean place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. George's
Candle Glow Apartments
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in St. George's
Reviewed November 30, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for one night, because we got in too late to catch the ferry to Carriacou, this is a wonderful place if you are traveling on a budget. Rita is really nice. Nothing fancy, just a bed and a shower (communal kitchen) but very clean...

Room Tip: these are apts do not know what bigger ones look like
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank alaskangirl4

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've been staying at these apartments for a few years. This is the only place to stay in Grenada. It's near local shops, bank,supermarket. It's about 5-10min walk. This place is clean, quiet. You have internet wireless connection, cable TV. If you prefer to cook, you can use the kitchen facilities. There is also A/C in the room

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank brownsugar224
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The service was great... The stay was great, clean has ac which we all want in the heat.. The owner was very helpful and friendly. You do have to carry essentials but other than that the stay was great.

Ada T.

Room Tip: Stayed the apartment 3 bedroom. Very big and spacious
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AgathaT
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Last February, I was flying to Grenada and needed a place near the airport to spend one night. I was looking for an inexpensive, not frills place to crash before moving to a marina the next day. I found the Candle Glow Apartments through a Trip Advisor Search. The place appeared relatively new, clean and inexpensive, so I decided to make a reservation.

I made the reservation on line. At the time, I think the reservation went through a European Agency. Anyway, when I made the reservation, I ended up getting double booked; however, a quick return email to the agency resulted in removal of the second booking. I also included a note to the owners that I would be arriving late on American Eagle.

I arrived in Grenada about 21.00 and it was after 22.00 when a taxi dropped me at the Candle Glow. We drove in through a narrow road, past a repair shop and up a narrow street behind (?) the apartments. There were no lights, no signs and no directions to the office. I finally found someone to ask where the office was and was told it was in the house up on the hill. I hiked up the hill in the dark with my luggage in tow and found the owners. They evidently didn't get the note about my late arrival, figuring I was a no show, but were very friendly and walked down the hill to show me my room.

The room was a plain, single room with no frills and no tv, phone, etc. The room was new and clean. It was cool enough outside that opening the windows made it comfortable sleeping. The walls and door were thin and sounded like other tenants were in my room. The owner's dog spent a lot of time barking outside my door.

The next morning I climbed the hill again to check out. The credit card machine wasn't working so I had to pay cash. The owners were a nice couple and we spent some time talking.

I would probably stay there again under the circumstances, as a place to crash and move on the next day. It would probably be okay for a long term stay. I think there were a lot of medical school students staying long term there.

It is not really "near" anything. It is two or three blocks to stores and restaurants, a half mile to the "mall" and a mile or so to Grand Anse.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank xcntry
Reviewed September 20, 2008

I stayed here for a month while I looked for more suitable accommodation. I don't like living where many apartments are, and this one had a few, rented out to students who are louder than I would like, though relatively speaking they are not that loud.

The owners are a retired couple who lived overseas for many years. They are very detailed with the billing so everything is clear cut.

The one bedroom apartment was clean, airy, cool and well laid out. If you are a temporary lodger, note that it does not have appliances, towels ETC, unless you are staying in the studio I think. Good thing I had checked ahead of time what they had so I could bring essentials with me.

The apartment is just near the entrance to Lance Aux Epines so very convenient for the buses, and it is also close to one supermarket, and a plaza which has a fruits and veggie shop and a cinema.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled solo
Gem Holiday Beach Resort
Gem Holiday Beach Resort
#3 of 8 in St. George's
Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina
Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & M...
#1 of 1 in Petite Calivigny
Maca Bana
Maca Bana
#1 of 8 in St. George's
0 mi away
The Relax Inn
The Relax Inn
#6 of 20 in St. George's

Been to Candle Glow Apartments? Share your experiences!