We really can't say enough about the Sylvesters and Grenada Gold. This was our first time in Grenada and we spent a month in their Nutmeg Suite. It is, without a doubt, the very best place for a long stay, especially if it is your first time in the country.
Lucille and Anthony treated us like family. They had food ready for us when we got it, set us up with car, answered any question we had about the island, had friends who took us hiking and diving, all at good prices. Best of all, really tried to include in the island's local life. Even before we confirmed our stay, Lucille was giving us travel advice and we knew we were in excellent hands.
The apartment itself is beautiful. It sits high on a hillside with a great porch overlooking mountains and the ocean. There are beaches nearby that are usually deserted, but on weekends you may meet Grenadian families. It's far enough from town that you feel like a local, but its easy to get to town, to markets and, really, to anywhere on the island if you have a car (and once you get used to the roads). It's in a safe and friendly neighborhood. It's also someone's home, so if the internet breaks, for example, it's broken for the Sylvesters too and gets fixed in a hurry!
The best thing about Grenada is that, unlike other parts of the Caribbean, it has not yet been bulldozed to make way for mass tourism. Sometimes, it can make getting around tricky. We were a bit nervous when we first arrived, but Lucille and Anthony made the whole island accessible and our experience possible. We can't thank them enough and can't wait to get back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 self contained spacious apartments - named the Nutmeg & Plantation Suites are new. With Swimming Pool. Fully furnished & fully equipped, set in a 3 storey Grenadian home. (Owners live on the top floor) Both apartments have private entrances & spacious sea view verandahs. A/C available in the master bedrooms & Cable T.V. Just 20 mins from the airport. Beach and shops are 10 minutes drive. Located in a Prestigious residential area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Grenada Gold Guest Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Gold Guest Apartments Hotel St. George`s
- Grenada Gold Guest Apartments Saint George Parish