We recently spent 8 days in the Pawpaw Villa at Maca Bana and every aspect was wonderful!! The staff at Maca Bana don’t only strive to make your stay enjoyable, they exceed expectations. I am somewhat of a neat freak and the staff had the villa spotless every day and fresh flowers in every room replaced daily. Always plenty of fresh linens left and the bed was so comfortable. The grounds are immaculate and the plants beautiful. The infinity edge pool was great with wonderful views and our private hot tub was used every afternoon.
We ate almost all meals outside on the isolated deck and enjoyed the spectacular views from high on a cliff. Highly recommend the Sunday barbecue at the Aquarium. Food, staff, and music was great. The beach was wonderful and so refreshing to never be crowded. We had help with chairs and snorkeling equipment without a problem. The bar on the beach was a delightful way to begin or end the beach time.
Never had any problems with water pressure or hot water as previously posted. Also, the hill people talked about going back and forth to the Aquarium or beach wasn’t bad. I expected a dirt trail. There is a paved driveway down to it. Walked it just fine in casual sandals and flipflops. Airport noise that had been written about was minimal and not bothersome and we were outside from early to late every day. The jet arrival and departures are generally during regular waking hours.
Nickson (general manager) arranged a car for us for the entire time that was promptly delivered. We went all over the island; however, we will change that approach next time. Nickson has a great individual that picks you up at the airport and next time we will use him rather than rent a car the entire time. Driving with not great signage on the island and fast native drivers was a bit of a challenge for us. Next time we will rent fewer days and sign up for tours or drivers and sit back and enjoy the rest of the time. Lastly, the people of Grenada are the most friendly we have encountered in the Caribbean.
We will definitely go back again to this wonderful paradise and explore the island and the friendly Grenadines more. Nickson, you have a great resort and wonderful staff. Congratulations and we deeply appreciated all of you making our trip so fantastic!!
Jan and John E
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maca Bana is an intimate boutique hotel comprising 7 artistically designed, solar-powered ‘banas’ with gorgeous ocean views and private massaging hot tubs above our tropical Aquarium Restaurant on Magazine Beach. Laid-back luxury and unrivaled privacy for a sensual & inspiring holiday experience in a warm atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, West Indies, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Maca Bana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maca Bana Hotel St. George`s
- Maca Bana St Georges
- Maca Bana Grenada/Saint George Parish