As I was planning our trip I knew that I needed to find a place that could suit my family's needs - and wants for a vacation. Reflecting on our stay, Maca Bana really was exactly what I was looking for. I heard of Maca Bana through their superb affiliated restaurant The Aquarium. After considering other options in Grenada, I ultimately chose to stay here for the solitary grounds, beautiful rooms, and guidance. The general manager, Nickson, was prompt and eager to answer all of my questions and requests before booking. He made my decision comfortable and guided me into the best bana that suited us. Nickson advised that we stay in Pineapple for our stay and it was perfect for our family.
Rebecca (the owner) introduced the room upon arrival and showed us around. The kitchen had some food items stocked with a beautiful spread of local fruit. They even had a pack-n-play setup for us in the extra bedroom for our daughter. Another fringe benefit was a cell phone to use free of charge, which was very nice to have.
Our Bana, Pineapple, was perfect for us. From the floor plan to the deck, it was exactly what we wanted feeling at home away from home. The extra bedroom was used as a nursery, and it even had a rocking chair that my wife used to rock our daughter to sleep as she looked out to the ocean. My wife and I have always enjoyed cooking and the kitchen offers everything you need with wonderful appliances. The bathrooms are spacious and unique. The deck was beautiful and the hot tub was very relaxing during the evenings. For the most part, the Bana was very private and it even has a small private yard and garden. The view was amazing, especially while sitting in the hot tub relaxing. The grounds overall are beautiful, with spectacular views. In fact, we had a photographer take some family photos on the grounds and they came out great.
We really enjoyed our evenings cooking and eating on the deck looking out to the ocean, but one night we had a chef from the Aquarium come up to cook and serve. It was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it. I also ordered a spa service for my wife, and she thoroughly enjoyed the spa service right on the deck without having to leave.
Overall, we were very happy with our stay. Nickson setup all of our request and made sure to follow-up with us to make sure all was well. The maid, Mary, was very sweet and considerate. She would be as quiet as possible while our daughter slept, and kept beautiful flower arrangements in our room. Those little things make for a big difference to me. If you are looking for more than a hotel / resort feel than I highly recommend Maca Bana. It was a fantastic choice for us and we definitely will be back. If you are like me and wanting to make sure you get the best Bana for your needs, just talk to Nickson. All of the Banas look impeccable, and each seem to offer something unique. Oh, and if you are in our situation - don't forget the baby monitor! ;-) Hope you found this helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maca Bana is an intimate boutique hotel comprising 7 artistically designed, solar-powered ‘banas’ with gorgeous ocean views and private massaging hot tubs above our tropical Aquarium Restaurant on Magazine Beach. Laid-back luxury and unrivaled privacy for a sensual & inspiring holiday experience in a warm atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, West Indies, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Maca Bana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maca Bana Hotel St. George`s
- Maca Bana St Georges
- Maca Bana Grenada/Saint George Parish