“Not much to see”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Not much to see”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We visited the Grenada Crafts Center mainly to go to the candle and soap shop which was fine although the stock was a bit limited. However there is not a great deal to see in the other small outlets.

Visited February 2014

san antonio, texas
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Interesting and fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Friendly, pleasant natives walk you through many of the crafts practiced on this wonderful island. Above all, there is one thing to remember -- this is THE place for spices. Every spice on earth is here and reasonably priced.

Visited November 2013
Porter, Indiana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Empty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Most of the stores were vacant and there was nothing here that you could not get at Market Square Maybe it is better at a different time of day or year. Not sure why we were even taken here. Felt sorry for the few vendors as they really had no business and few wares to sell

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Where to purchase your gifts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Craftsmanship is important on the island- coconut jewellery, organic aromatherapy oils and cosmetics, organic chocolate, incense sticks, notebook, hand died fabrics….a treat!

Visited April 2013
London
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Perfect place to get your souvenirs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

During one of many visits to Grand Anse beach, I decided to stop by the craft centre mainly because I knew it was there. I hadn’t really done any research beforehand and had no idea what to expect.
I found a well laid out area that was filled with many stalls – unfortunately, most of which were empty. However, I was there in low season and I am told that the centre comes to life when cruise ships come in. It is ideally located for this as Grand Anse Beach is very tourist-orientated anyway and I can imagine tourists streaming off a massive ship and straight into the centre. As a solo traveller visiting in low season, I was greeted with the same warmth and grace that the majority of Grenadians offer.
There were a few stall holders there selling their wares, though, some of which were hand-made and turned out to be the place I got most of my souvenirs. I was pleased I visited, but regret not bringing more money with me as I had only planned a beach visit.
Not only can you get spices, you can get jewellery, ornaments, towels, clothes and all manner of objet d’art.
Well worth a visit.