“Breakfast”

Le Papillion Cafe Grenada
Ranked #10 of 65 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: French Cafe using locally manufactured and "fresh" locally grown products to create delicious food including: Croissants, Brioche, Granola+Yogurt, Croque Madam, French Toast, Pancakes, Eggs Benedict (Sunday+Thursday), Brown Butter Lemon Crepe, Eggs en Cocotte-sauteed potatoes+choice of bacon, ham or pork sausage+toast served with our home-made jams for Breakfast - Corn Soup-Red Pepper Marmalade+Chives, Callaloo Quiche, Goat Cheese+Basil+Tomato Quiche, Callaloo+Goat Cheese Crepe, Tuna-Salted Cream+Chive Oil+Herbs, Baguette+Brie+Preserves, Mixed Leaf-Roasted Vegetable Dressing for Lunch - Chocolate Mousse, Guava Stew-Brie Crepe, Banana Caramel Crepe, Honeycomb Ice Cream or Carrot Cake to finish off the experience. Choice of Cappuccino, Wine, Cocktails, Rum Punch, Smoothies, Milkshakes or Fresh Local Juice to accompany your meal. LE PAPILLION CAFE - "WE GETTING FRESH WITH YOU!" - WE ARE OPEN FROM 7:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. - WEDNESDAY TO MONDAY (CLOSED TUESDAYS+PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
Evansville, Indiana
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

During our stay in Grenada we has breakfast here two times. Very nice atmosphere and the staff is friendly. They make all their breads and desserts in house. They have a wonderful menu. There milkshakes are very good and they have some fresh squeezed juices that are tasty. I had the mango and would recommend.

• Visited December 2013

“Nice enough food....incredibly pricey for what you get!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to try out this restaurant for breakfast this week as it's very close to our hotel, and we read the reviews were good...
A cute place, nice, peaceful and quiet, but not luxurious, only us and another couple there, so far so good...
What I first noticed when giving the menu was that it was no prices there, I thought that wasn't very good, however, when asked they told me that it was 'around' $35 (Caribbean) each...OK then.
The menu was nice but limited, we like most things, so that wasn't a problem for us, my husband ordered croque monsieur, which he liked very much, and I, scrambled eggs, potatoes and ham, we had two fruit juices (very nice) and two coffees to strong to drink!

So it all was nice enough, for a breakfast, my biggest problem was the bill, it costed more that the night before at dinner (and we had lobster and wine....) we didn't have enough Caribbean dollars, as we didn't think it was going to cost that much, when the past it to US dollars, they added an extra 6 US to the bill, which I didn't apreciated, but never mentioned...we paid £27.50 for breakfast! They caught us there, but unfortunately, we won't come back!

I think what they need to do is to look around and see what their competition is, the restaurants around this area offer excellent food, at excellent value for money, that is something that they don't, their food is nice, but very average, you pay as much as you pay for dinner elsewhere, and all you had is eggs and coffee?!

Any where around that area is much better, Umbrellas is excellent and much cheaper, cocktails included.....Sangria Bar is Morne Rouge is great too...in my opinion, all they need to do is lower the prices, and instead of a couple of people there, the place would be full, a pity really, when you think they can do so much better!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank itziarbeitia
LPCAFE, Manager at Le Papillion Cafe Grenada, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Itziarbeitia,

At Le Papillion Cafe we pride ourselves in preparing quality food using the freshest of ingredients including freshly squeezed juices daily and home made breads and jams for example, (jams would have been served complimentary with your breakfast), which you would not get in any other restaurant in Grenada. From what you described, your breakfast should have been approximately EC $55.00 each for you and your husband and would have included a full breakfast, a glass of juice and a coffee. We do not add any extra charges to the final bill and I am surprised when you mentioned that the staff had added US $6.00 more to your bill. From your description, you should not have paid more than EC $110.00 for a full breakfast for two people, which would be approximately $22.00 pounds or US $41.00 or $11.00 pounds or US $20.00 each. Our customers being overcharged is a concern to us at Le Papillion, and we would have appreciated you letting management know should this have happened.
Grenada
“Different, but not always in a good way.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

They make a lot of noise about the quality of their ingredients and the local nature of the food. Unfortunately its a bit expensive, and for what you pay its poor value. The taste of some of their local jams etc just isnt very good. The bread may be local baked, but the supermarket opposite sells better.

Visited October 2013
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Wonderful Sunday Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a charming little restaurant with a lot of personal touches. We came for breakfast on a Sunday morning. Most tables were filled since it is a small place, but we were able to get a table ourside of the roofed area in the shade without a wait. The menu is interesting and most items are served at any time instead of designated breakfast and lunch hours. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have the menu posted on a board in the dining room but our server did bring a menu to our table so we didn't have to get up to view it. I'm not sure if we missed any specials that day because of it but we certainly had many wonderful options to chose from. This was the best breakfast I've had on any of my 3 visits to the island. The food was great and there was plenty of it. Compared to what I have paid for lesser breakfasts in restaurants, this was reasonably priced in my opinion. The owner stopped by each table to chat with the guests which was a nice touch. Will definitely visit again next time on the island.

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

As I am staying at the hotel that this restaurant is attached to, I have eaten here a few times. Their spice french toast is fabulous! I also had their callalloo quiche for lunch and it was delicious. Today I plan to go down and have their apple fritters as they come highly recommended on here and I am sure they will not disappoint.

The restaurant is always busy at lunch, even though this is not the busy season. A lot of local expats seem to frequent the place which tells you something. The atmosphere is lovely, by a pool and covered seating but otherwise open to the air.

The staff is very friendly, although the owner has not come to my table and introduced herself yet as others have experienced and mentioned in their reviews. Perhaps today.

• Visited October 2013