“Wonderful Sunday Breakfast”

Le Papillion Cafe Grenada
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: French Cafe - fresh baked, locally manufactured and locally grown products to create a delicious menu: Croissants; Fresh Fruit Salad; Banana Bread; Granola+Yogurt; Croque Madam; French Toast; Pancakes; Eggs Benedict; Brown Butter Lemon Crepe; Eggs en Cocotte (regular breakfast) - sauteed potatoes+choice of bacon, ham or pork sausage+toast served with our home-made jams; Omlette; Provision Hash+Poached Eggs; Callaloo Quiche; Goat Cheese+Basil+Tomato Quiche; Tuna Nicoise Salad; Baguette+Brie+Preserves; Mixed Leaf Salad with Roasted Vegetable Dressing; Guava Stew+Brie Crepe; Banana Caramel Crepe; Grenada Chocolate Ice Cream; Vanilla Ice Cream; Carrot Cake; Grenada Chocolate Cake. Choice of Cappuccino, Wine, Cocktails, Rum Punch, Smoothies, Milkshakes; Iced Tea; Iced Coffee; Iced Cappuccino or Fresh Local Juice. Gluten Free + Vegetarian Menu available. LE PAPILLION CAFE - "WE GETTING FRESH WITH YOU!" - WE ARE OPEN FROM 7:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. (CLOSED MONDAY + TUESDAY + PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a charming little restaurant with a lot of personal touches. We came for breakfast on a Sunday morning. Most tables were filled since it is a small place, but we were able to get a table ourside of the roofed area in the shade without a wait. The menu is interesting and most items are served at any time instead of designated breakfast and lunch hours. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have the menu posted on a board in the dining room but our server did bring a menu to our table so we didn't have to get up to view it. I'm not sure if we missed any specials that day because of it but we certainly had many wonderful options to chose from. This was the best breakfast I've had on any of my 3 visits to the island. The food was great and there was plenty of it. Compared to what I have paid for lesser breakfasts in restaurants, this was reasonably priced in my opinion. The owner stopped by each table to chat with the guests which was a nice touch. Will definitely visit again next time on the island.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

As I am staying at the hotel that this restaurant is attached to, I have eaten here a few times. Their spice french toast is fabulous! I also had their callalloo quiche for lunch and it was delicious. Today I plan to go down and have their apple fritters as they come highly recommended on here and I am sure they will not disappoint.

The restaurant is always busy at lunch, even though this is not the busy season. A lot of local expats seem to frequent the place which tells you something. The atmosphere is lovely, by a pool and covered seating but otherwise open to the air.

The staff is very friendly, although the owner has not come to my table and introduced herself yet as others have experienced and mentioned in their reviews. Perhaps today.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Breakfast in the caribbean can sometimes be a disappointment, but......this quaint little restaurant serves a beautiful tasty one. The menu is creative and will please visitors Fromm around the world. The ambience is lovely and offers the sounds of chirping birds as you sip real brewed coffee. Close your eyes and you might feel that you are in the south of France. The only problem....not open for dinner. Oh, I can only imagine dinner there!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

One of the best places on the island for breakfast or lunch. Their pumpkin ginger soup and french toast are outstanding and the owner is so gracious she makes sure to stop at each table to say hello! The servers are very friendly and always greet you with a smile. We go several times a week and never get tired of the menu or company

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Definitely one of my favorites when I visit the island. Great quiche, and the apple fritters - can't say enough about them. You can't go wrong with this fabulous open air café.