“7 magic weeks”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. George's
Grand Anse Beach Palace Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 St. George's B&B and Inns
E. Sussex England
“7 magic weeks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at the Palace for 7 weeks from mid Dec 12, great location right on the beach our room (Queen Brenda) was the best with 2 balconies overlooking the beach and sunsets. Good value and well equipped, but the real joy of the place was the incredible helpfulness of all that worked there. Sharon and Lenny the owners are an amazing couple who can't do enough to help, lifts to the mall, airport and island tours and a very nice Christmas buffet. All the other staff are great, especially Michelle who is an absolute diamond and was so helpful and delightful. This was our 5th stay in Grenada and this is an ideal place from which to experience the island, look forard to our return.

Room Tip: Queen Brenda 25th, the best views.
3 Thank Tonyblue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed on the second floor for a week Dec/Jan. Large bedroom, comfortable bed, A/C. Plenty of hangers in the closet. WiFi worked well. TV but we never did use it. Electrical outlets both US style (still 220v) and BS-1363, so we didn't need the adaptors we brought. Our full kitchen was "outside" on the large covered veranda; we absolutely LOVED this arrangement. Great sunset views every night. There is indeed fencing topped with barbed wire as mentioned in a previous review. Our hosts were very helpful with local knowledge and in making arrangements for activities including tours and a trip to Carriacou. We had fun taking the buses around town and to the stores; the bus stops at the top of the driveway. We thought it was a great location at the north end of GA Beach. This may not be the "best" area of the beach but is good for swimming right out front. A bit of sea grass to step over, then all sandy bottom. Or walk 2 minutes down the beach and you are at the wide, sandy part, if that is what you prefer. There is a small reef out bit where you can snorkel. A 10 minute walk along the beach takes you to the craft center, and you can head over to the main road another block to a grocery store. Take a bus or a taxi back to the Palace with your packages. Several restaurants within walking distance. We ate at Jenny's next door, Coconuts down the beach 5 minutes, had a roti for lunch one day at the craft market. We liked being able to hear the waves crashing and the frogs piping at night. Bring bug repellant and use it. Sand flies on the beach bit me early in the morning the first day, while I was yet unaware of them. They are called "no-see-ums" for a reason. There were also some mosquitos, dawn & dusk. The Caribbean mosquitos are so much smaller and quicker than our home-grown mosquitos, but equally hungry. The palace is not fancy, but clean, safe, and comfortable. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Better view from higher up.
3 Thank pattig71
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

What a lovely, warm and welcoming place. The Grand Anse Beach Palace is closer than we thought possible to the water, and waking up to hear the waves crashing each morning was very special. Our apartment on the first floor had a fully equipped, self-contained kitchen on the balcony - and cooking locally caught octopus, looking out to sea as the sun set was truly memorable. It's at the far end of Grand Anse - known for being the best beach on the island. You can get to everything by walking along the beach, and we went for days without putting on shoes at all.
Sharon and Lennie made us feel at home whilst also giving us our space, and we were sad to say goodbye after a week of total relaxation.

2 Thank Dominic R
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful 6-night stay at the G.A. Beach Palace. The view is incredible – I think it is closer to the water than any other hotel on Grand Anse Beach. We stayed on the second floor and had a patio where we could take in the view. We were there in December/January, and as the sunsets far to the south that time of year, the north end of Grand Anse Beach is the only place on the 2-mile beach where you can see the sunset. That's one more reason to stay at the Beach Palace! The service was also fantastic – while my wife was investigating different hotel options, she narrowed it down to three choices on Grand Anse. We don't have the ability to make international phone calls, and the other hotels wanted her to email her credit card number for a deposit on the room, which is absolutely not secure. The staff at the Beach Palace offered to call us to take the credit card number securely over the phone. That was the first indication that service at the Palace would be great, and in person, they were wonderful, too. Whether we wanted extra pillows and ice trays or a recommendation for dinner, the owners and staff were so helpful. On our last day the owners surprised my wife – who adores coconuts – by bringing her a few so she could enjoy fresh coconut water. Then, as icing on the cake, when we asked Lennie, the owner, to call us a taxi for the ride to the airport, he offered to drive us since he wasn't busy. Needless to say, I've never been treated so kindly by hotel owners and certainly recommend the Beach Palace! I see a couple of people wrote some negative things in their reviews, but we don't share any of their concerns. I know it's hard to sort out the positive and negative reviews of places, so I'll just share my hunch that the people who wrote the negative reviews were looking for something different – more of a resort experience perhaps. We wanted a clean, quiet, safe room near the water for an economical price – and we got all that and more. The Palace isn't a resort and it's not pretending to be. We didn't mind that there wasn't "beach" right in front of the hotel - it was a great place to swim, and we enjoyed sitting on our patio more than sitting on the sand down the beach because there we no biting insects on our patio (but ouch, there are a lot in the sand!). They even have suites with kitchens, which would be great for families or groups. Our room had a full refrigerator, which was a great way to have cold water and ice cubes for our sunset rum drinks! We'll stay there again if and when we're lucky enough to go back to Grenada

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor rooms have great views
2 Thank Idahoan1
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Grand Anse Beach Palace Hotel is wonderful. It's so close to the beach that we could hear the waves crashing gently even when we were in our room w/ the A/C on! Our room is great - simple, clean, and made up nicely. The bed was comfortable, and we had a fridge w/ a freezer - so nice to have ice water every day. Many of the rooms have kitchens, too, which is a great way to save money on meals, but there are so many great restaurants around that it's fun to go out. We read the review tip to request a room on the 2nd floor and are so glad we did - the view was spectacular. The ground level rooms are nice, too, and great for people who are staying longer (they cost a bit less and the GAB Palace offers great monthly rate). I'd read reviews for other hotels on GA Beach and decided on the Palace b/c the other places all had complaints about too much noise from neighboring bars or dance clubs. I'm a light sleeper so avoiding that was important. GAB Palace is so quiet and wonderful - and that means a lot coming from me. I walked by all the other hotels I'd considered while going for walks on the lovely GA Beach and was SO RELIEVED we didn't pick one of those - we'd have spent more money and not bean able to hear the waves much less have an amazing view.. GAB Palace is a great place and I am totally perplexed by the couple of poor reviews....

Room Tip: As for the 2nd floor.
3 Thank Idahoan1
British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I'm half-way through a three-week stay at the Grand Anse Beach Palace and my husband and I are finding it to be a totally pleasant experience. We're in a third-floor suite with a kitchen and the ocean views are stunning. Every evening presents us with yet another gorgeous Caribbean sunset for our enjoyment. Each morning we enjoy stepping off the hotel grounds onto the beach and walking its 3km length and back. Everything in our suite is clean, in good condition, and well cared for; the bed is super-comfortable; the staff are all deligthful and responsive to our requests. The suite has an open-air living/dining/kitchen area plus a separate air-conditioned bedroom. It would be hard to experience a better view from a kitchen window anywhere! Right now there's a bit of renovation work in the completion stage in the garden area between the hotel and the beach, but once the shrubs and lawn have grown in it should be a lovely, relaxing place to read a book (there's sweet little orchid and anthurium garden at one end and the Palace's tiny restaurant, which we haven't yet sampled, at the other). It's a bit of a walk to get to a grocery store, but it's not difficult and the bus stop is nearby so it's easy enough to transport groceries if need be or to get into St. George (about 15 minutes away); the cost of the bus is $2.50 EC one way, so it's cheap transportation and a great way to strike up a conversation with local folks! If needed, there's a small shop at the junction of the hotel's access road and the main road (a 5 minute walk); there's also a fruit vendor by the bus stop and we bought delicious fresh local oranges at a fraction of the price we saw in the grocery store. The hotel is situated at the calmer end of the beach which has the best swimming. The owners are a pleasant Grenadian couple so staying here supports the local economy - something that's important to us. To call it a "palace" is kind of kitchy but each room is named after some fanciful royal personage and there's a fun aspect to it all. Overall it has a relaxed, peaceful, welcoming atmosphere and I'd totally recommend it to other travellers.

Room Tip: The third floor has the best views. I'd request a corner unit next time.
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have been to Grenada multiple times but ended up making this reservation at the last minute. I assumed it was one hotel as far as the location went and was wrong, which was totally my mistake for not looking. But upon arrival, I was even more disappointed. It is a good distance away from the Grand Anse shopping area and basically on the very last bit of land before Grand Anse Beach technically ends. The website is highly misleading as their actual amenities. First, their kitchens are outside. They make no mention of this on the internet and in fact, a picture shows a kitchen inside. The only inside kitchen I saw was in some rooms that were almost like Bed and Breakfast type rooms. Also, the wi-fi that they advertised was not working. When I inquired about it, they said it wasn't working due to the construction and had me walk down 2 more balconies and use the wi-fi that I assumed was the neighboring buildings. The balcony was more a large recession in the building and closed off and very hot and stuffy. I also had requested a ground room, but told me they were full when I arrived. I am fairly certain the hotel was not at capacity because I saw what appeared to be one, maybe 2 other rooms occupied. The A/C worked, but they told me guests do not get the temperature control and there was two settings, off and super cold. It blew directly on the bed. My husband and I were so frustrated with the multiple things piling up that we checked out after one night. The mention you can hear the waves crashing. This is true, but the sound is not made by the waves crashing on the beach, but on the sea wall that has been built up around the last stretch of what is left of the beach before a cliff and on top of that wall is a tall chain link fence complete with barb wire on top. So, the sound is nice, but the view has a huge fence through it! This sea wall starts on the beach. They have a door going through the wall to the beach, but you essentially open the door and step onto the sand where the waves crash. You have to walk a bit down to get to the beach.
So, they have everything they offer on the website, just leaving out a few details.

1 Thank detroit13
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse
Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club

Been to Grand Anse Beach Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!