“Super bar / restaurant on Grand Anse Beach”

Umbrellas Beach Bar
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: American, International, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come kick back and relax under the shade of Umbrellas Beach Bar! The best beach bar located on Grenada's popular Grand Anse Beach. You can indulge in a variety of fresh foods, cold drinks and enjoy a fantastic ocean view from our outdoor, rooftop and indoor seating areas, in casual comfort. Umbrellas offers a fun and exciting atmosphere with the company of live music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Come chill and enjoy the Island Vibz!
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great bar and restaurant with tasty dishes used by locals and tourists alike with superb views of the Grand Anse beach and sunsets over the Caribbean sea with occasional entertainment. A long list of drinks and cocktails from 10ECD and the Jumbo Shrimp starter for 19ECD is a must try. The manager is from Trinidad and is very friendly as are all of his staff, including Janice, who made us feel that we were at home straight away. In addition to the picnic tables and inside bar there is a first floor terrace to enjoy the views even more.

3  Thank FarEastTraveller33

Reviewed June 15, 2013

position was good, food, wine, etc reasonable friendly staff and owner. Clean had shower area. Had roof terrace.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went back to the beach bar on a Tuesday night at 8:00 PM and sat upstairs even with the threat of rain. I had the pulled pork this time and, of course, the onion rings. Our server was awesome and I'm sorry I didn't get his name to give him credit for such great service and a fun attitude. The sandwich was HUGE and I had to take 1/2 home for lunch the next day. Very nice flavor - good combination of tangy & sweet. Our friends who are regulars at Umbrellas insisted that we having the Mocha Jumbe for dessert made with the local Grenada chocolate smothered with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. It was almost impossible to share it! I want to go back for the ribs, so let me know if you would like to join me since it is served family style!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

A vibrant atmosphere at this excellent beach bar. Options to sit inside where it has a lively sports bar feel, outside on the decking just off the beach or upstairs which is more intimate and great in the evenings after the sun has gone down (best to reserve a table if you can).

The food was surprisingly good - the shrimp was especially delicious and extremely good value compared to some of the overpriced restaurants on the island. All this came with great service too.

The rum punch that I ordered was the best I've ever had at a bar or restaurant. They make it with blends of the quality Westerhall rum that is made on the island. Definitely worth a try but beware - it is strong.

Of all the bars and restaurants we visited on the island this was by far the best value and most fun.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I ate here for lunch & sunset cocktails several times while I was in Grenada as it was right next to where I was staying. The staff were friendly, the food was good & reasonably priced & the cocktails were very good. It's a lovely place to sit on the balcony & watch the sunset- would go back in a heartbeat.