“excellent bar”

Umbrellas Beach Bar
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Pub, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Please come and kick back and relax under the shade of Umbrellas! The best beach bar located on Grenada's popular Grand Anse Beach. You can indulge in a variety of fresh foods, cold drinks and enjoy a fantastic ocean view from our outdoor, rooftop and indoor seating areas. Umbrellas offers a fun and exciting atmosphere with the company of live music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Come join us, we promise you won't be disappointed!
london
“excellent bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

position was good, food, wine, etc reasonable friendly staff and owner. Clean had shower area. Had roof terrace.

Visited May 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
St. George's, Grenada
“Return visit with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went back to the beach bar on a Tuesday night at 8:00 PM and sat upstairs even with the threat of rain. I had the pulled pork this time and, of course, the onion rings. Our server was awesome and I'm sorry I didn't get his name to give him credit for such great service and a fun attitude. The sandwich was HUGE and I had to take 1/2 home for lunch the next day. Very nice flavor - good combination of tangy & sweet. Our friends who are regulars at Umbrellas insisted that we having the Mocha Jumbe for dessert made with the local Grenada chocolate smothered with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. It was almost impossible to share it! I want to go back for the ribs, so let me know if you would like to join me since it is served family style!

UK
“Rum Punch Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

A vibrant atmosphere at this excellent beach bar. Options to sit inside where it has a lively sports bar feel, outside on the decking just off the beach or upstairs which is more intimate and great in the evenings after the sun has gone down (best to reserve a table if you can).

The food was surprisingly good - the shrimp was especially delicious and extremely good value compared to some of the overpriced restaurants on the island. All this came with great service too.

The rum punch that I ordered was the best I've ever had at a bar or restaurant. They make it with blends of the quality Westerhall rum that is made on the island. Definitely worth a try but beware - it is strong.

Of all the bars and restaurants we visited on the island this was by far the best value and most fun.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wish I was there now”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I ate here for lunch & sunset cocktails several times while I was in Grenada as it was right next to where I was staying. The staff were friendly, the food was good & reasonably priced & the cocktails were very good. It's a lovely place to sit on the balcony & watch the sunset- would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited May 2013
St. Vincent
“Cool spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great location right on the beach. We went around 8:30p on a Thursday which may account for some misunderstanding on our order: we asked for grilled onions on our burger and they brought us a basket of onion rings - which were excellent - some of the best we've ever had and only 10 EC but not what we wanted. We ordered our burger done medium and it was red in the middle. I am on a personal mission to find good Mexican food in the Caribbean so I ordered the chili nachos. The chili and all the toppings were great but they were on nacho flavored chips that were a little stale. I ordered a rum and coke and the coke was flat. (Make sure they open a fresh bottle.) We'll go back again, I'm sure. We want to check out the roof top dining!