“Thank You Odessa and Ray”

Casabella Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 20 St. George's B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Having read the other reviews, there is not much more I can add. Ray and Odessa are beautiful hosts and thier property is just extraordinary. Our only problem was that we could not stay longer.
Margie and I had just completed a week's sailing on a yacht down from Saint Lucia and we needed a place to stay for one night before catching a plane back to USA. Ray very generously came down to the marina in St George's and picked us up on the Sunday and the next morning after breakfast took us to the airport.
We ate in for the evening meal. The food was superb; as was the breakfast. The view from the balcony was most pleasant and relaxing.
Margie and I would very much like to return one day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hian
There are newer reviews for Casabella Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed March 13, 2011

I can't say enough about how great our stay at the Casa Bella was. Owners Ray & Odessa are fantastic hosts, and their B & B is absolutely beautiful.

Our room on the third floor was quiet, comfortable and equipped with AC. The bathroom next door was spotless, but the highlight for us was the balcony which overlooks the harbor.

Each morning we ate breakfast on the balcony and hung out for a while admiring the view, before setting off on the drive to the beach or St George's.

We were offered access to Ray and Odessa's Jeep, but neither my wife nor I can drive standard, so we opted to rent a car instead, which was all arranged by Odessa's niece, Avron(She was a great host as well while Ray & Odessa were unavailable)

The closest beach to Casa Bella is just a few minutes walk. It's pretty, and makes for a nice morning/evening stroll, but not much is going on there, so you're better off going to Grand Anse or Morne Rouge.

A few dining establishments are within walking distance including a Chinese food place and a seafood place call The Red Crab. We were told they were good, but we opted to walk a little farther to Charcoals, which was very good.

Ray & Odessa will also cook for you, with many of the ingredients coming right from their garden. One afternoon we had a delicious fish lunch accompanied by fresh veggies and a frozen Daiquiri which made sitting on the balcony that much better..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seanmcca
Reviewed February 21, 2011

this is the most wonderful B&B that I have ever visited.The owner is very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are comfortable and kept clean. My boyfriend and i enjoyed sitting on the balcony and seeing a fantastic view of Prickly Bay.The structural design of house itself is incredible and huge.The breeze,quietness,view,friendliness everything about the surrounding made you did not want to leave or made you fall in love all over again.the owner is thinking about putting a TV in the rooms and a pool on the side of the house even more wonderful.this is one place am looking forward to go again,again and again

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SC20103
Reviewed February 18, 2011

This is the best B&B that I have visited and I do a lot of traveling. It is even better than the pictures. Casa Bella is a luxurious modern clean home with 60 foot high ceilings and a spectacular view of yachts in the picturesque cove below. It is located 10 minutes from the airport in a quiet neighbourhood of luxury homes, within walking distance of the best beach in Grenada and a 10-15 minute ride to the capital. Ray and Odessa are extremely warm, thoughtful and helpful. They are a charming couple who returned to Grenada after being highly successful in Toronto. My plane was seriously delayed and I felt very stressed. Ray picked me up at the airport and Odessa served me a great meal. I felt totally relaxed within minutes. I stayed in a large modern bedroom with my own bathroom. Then in the morning I was served breakfast on my own balcony overlooking the ocean. This B&B is a must!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Peter2121
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Fantastic house set in large grounds situated about 200 yards off the main Lance aux Epines road that runs down to Prickly point.

Casa Bella is very well run by Ray and Odessa, a charming friendly couple that will do all they can to make you welcome and feel at ease.

Ray collected us from the airport and even made a detour to a bank so that I could use an ATM (the airport one wasn’t working at the time). On arrival we were presented with a rum punch and Odessa even made us a sandwich as we’d arrived a bit late to go out for dinner (and we weren’t really up to a full meal after a long flight anyhow).

Our room was comfortable with a/c and a large adjoining bathroom with a copious supply of supplied etc.

The included breakfast was taken on the upstairs veranda overlooking Prickly Bay and consisted of toast, jams, juice, tea or coffee and fruit. Eggs, bacon etc. were available for a small extra charge.

BTW, at one point Ray took me into their kitchen for some “male bonding” (an excuse for a stiff 69% ABV rum).

We found 4 restaurants nearby (all on the main road). Rhodes at the Calabash (just back on the main road), The Red Crab (about 200 yards back up the main road) and a Chinese restaurant next door, plus Charcoal Grill a few hundred yards further back along the main road. Although we didn’t see it, I gather that the bar at the Prickly Point Marina (I guess about 600 yards from Casa Bella) also does food. Of all these we only tried the Red Crab. Although some think it a bit pricey (Jerk Pork was EC$61, including VAT), the food was very good quality with very good sized portions.

Casa Bella is definitely a great find.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eBatch
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed at Casa Bella last Fall with our 3 young children and will definitely go back...this bed & breakfast is the best kept secret on the Island. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are comfortable and kept clean. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and seeing a fantastic view of Prickly Bay. The beach is a five minute walk away and is perfect for relaxing and swimming with the children. The water is calm and the beach is much less travelled and quieter than some of the other beaches on the island...but just as beautiful. I highly recommend this spot.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CRCC04
Reviewed January 1, 2011

This is a fairly new and restored home overlooking Lance aux Epines and the sea. The house itself is an amazing bit of architecture - the ceilings were a personal favorite of mine. The owners have recently moved back to Grenada from Canada and were very interesting to talk to. Because I was there near the holidays, there weren't any other guests the night I was there which made it even better. The house is huge and the detail and beauty is pretty amazing. Great shared spaces and they said they are also looking to put in a pool which will be a nice asset to the place.

They also have a car you can use for longer stays, but since I was only there for 1 day, I ended up driving around the island with the owner which was a great way to get a bit of history around the island but also have a very lively conversation.

The house is also a quick 5 minute walk to the beach which is very convenient. The rooms were not huge but comfortable and lots of great public spaces for reading or having a meal. I decided to have dinner there which was a great choice. They did a fine job on that front as well!

The owners made you feel at home the entire time - from the pickup and drop off at the airport to their general and genuine warmth and hospitality. They definitely made you feel like a guest in their own home which in reality that is exactly what you are! It was a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend to anyone heading down to the spice islands!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
Grenadian by Rex Resorts
Grenadian by Rex Resorts
#1 of 1 in Magazine Beach

Been to Casabella Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!