It's quite some hike to this hotel, which we rather enjoyed, but it won't be for everyone. The hill out the hotel is 5 minutes of sweating!
The beach on the hotel is pretty nice, though it smelt bad at times and there weren't enough chairs and no umbrellas at all. No drinks service on the beach, which brings me to the biggest problem - service.
There is no service at this hotel and no management. This manifests itself in a number of ways:
- Small things like shampoo and coffee not refilled
- Sheets not changed during the stay - had to ask specifically
- Often no towels available for the beach
- Staff would sit on the beach chair next to you eating lunch, spill lunch down their clothes and then go to the bar to serve you a drink without washing their hands
- Often no-one at the bar at all - would have to go and pour my own glass of water
And as for amenities - non-existant.
- Room Service: (I called a bunch of times and they never turned up)
- WiFi: does not work in-room and is the worst I have ever experienced at a hotel. Don't hope to make a Skype call.
- Tea and Coffee: No coffee machine, though I eventually convinced reception to give me one/
- The hotel restaurant was completely shut during our stay with no warning
The island itself is OK and the Grand Anse beach, a 15 minute walk away is a much nicer beach. It's supposed to be busy in season, but at the end of November, it was quiet. Stay there if you can.
Food was a major problem and there are few good places to eat. You can walk from the hotel to La Luna in 20 minutes, which was OK Italian food. From La Luna you could walk 2 minutes down the beach to the Beach House, which was excellent. The Aquarium is a $20US taxi drive each way and is excellent. Be careful - good food is really expensive on this island, expect $100US a head.
Taxis are not that cheap - $20US to go pretty much anywhere, but they are generally polite and air-conditioned.
So in short - I can't recommend this hotel. Go somewhere else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Kalinago Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalinago Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Kalinago Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish