The place was absolutely beautiful and well maintained with lovely flowers and nice refreshing pool (but not cold) and a very distant view of the sea. The walk to Grooms Beach was not bad at all and there is a gem of a restaurant at the bottom of the hill, The Beach House (we loved it so much we ate there 4 times in two days!) We had a standard room, it was clean, well maintained, spacious and air conditioned and a good value with a small fridge. The shower was huge and we had plenty of hot water. The resort itself still needs to work on service. The staff was friendly but it was confusing as to who was in charge. We enquired about lunch and were told we had to request they stay open for lunch because the chef left if no one requested lunch. Also, while relaxing at the pool, the bar was not open until about 5:30 PM and then it seemed the bartender was uncertain how to bill for the drinks (we settled up on our last morning in the office but tipped the bartender 20% for each drink, we then noted they do charge the 10% service charge on the bill also—so we tipped about 30% all told). We also opted for in room massages due to a sign in the lobby that said 1 hr. massage $45. We had appointments at 10 and 11 AM however at 10:30 I finally went to the office to enquire if the masseuse was coming and they seemed confused (I think they forgot to schedule?). Finally at 11:30 (1.5 hours late) a masseuse arrived and I will say the in room massage was fabulous—but we were also charge $75 each which is much different than the sign stated. My husband went after me and paid her (I was at the pool) so I didn’t have an opportunity to question the $30 over charge for each massage (vs. what the sign in the lobby advertised. The resort was quiet and felt very private but I do feel they are missing out on monies to be made at the bar and lunch. We did partake in breakfast but my omelet was runny and I didn’t enjoy it. The saving grace of our experience here was The Beach House restaurant located on Grooms beach. We went there for lunch and dinner each day and it was by far the best place we found to eat in Grenada! This would be a great “base” hotel but don’t expect any service if you plan to lie around the pool and relax and I would note that the staff had a few of their children on site swimming in the pool so laps or quite time was not an option. Finally, there was A LOT of construction noise while we were there which hindered relaxation. I understand construction must be done but at peak season? (Christmas & New Year’s). Again, a great base, perhaps not a great place for the last two days of our trip to stay put and unwind after seeing the island and sailing in the Grenadines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm friendly service, outstanding accommodation with the convenience of kitchen facilities in most rooms, a pool bar, restaurant and laundry room and a lush garden adds to the charm of this new Caribbean Resort. It is ideally located just a few steps away from the Dr. Grooms Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grooms Beach Villas and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grooms Beach Villas Hotel St. George`s
- Grooms Beach Villas And Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish