“Wrecks, reefs and underwater sculptures!”
Review of ScubaTech Grenada

ScubaTech Grenada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ScubaTech is based at the Calabash Hotel, which nestles in the sheltered waters of Prickly Bay on the southern coast of the island. The hotel's jetty makes access to the dive boat easy and the location means that dive sites both on the Atlantic and Caribbean sides of the island are within easy reach. We have three full time diving instructors offering the complete range of PADI programs, daily dive excursions, non motorized watersports, sight seeing tours & sunset cruises. We offer the most individual service on the island, max 4 divers per Instructor/DM. We teach in English, French and German languages. Come and discover Grenada with your ScubaTech Dive Center.
Reviewed July 8, 2017

As a keen diver, Eveline and the team at Scubatech enabled me to explore many of the wonderful dive sites around the south east portion of the island. Eveline is a highly qualified and experienced diver providing courses and dives from novice up to technical, including CCR. I am happy to recommend Scubatech and hope to return in the future.

Eveline V, Owner at ScubaTech Grenada, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear Merlin81260,

Thank you very much for the review and one week of technical diving. Had great fun with you guys, love to do sometimes some deeper and longer dives. Next time you come with your rebreather we'll be able to do some trimix dives ;-)
Great videos by the way, thank you very much.
Take care and many more great dives in the meantime.

All reviews
"meeting point"
"water conditions"
"mother nature"

Reviewed July 5, 2017

We saw the great reviews on tripadvisor and decided to give Scubatech a go. It certainly did not disappoint.

We were only in Grenada for a week but we ended up doing 8 dives across 4 days because of how enjoyable it was diving with them. We had a particularly good time with Eveline who took us on two separate wreck dives (including a visit to the Bianca C). Her extensive knowledge of the wreck made our first wreck dive experiences feel very safe and rewarding. The dive shop also has some excellent equipment on rental so that's one less thing to worry about. We ended up completing our advanced PADI courses with them in addition to having an amazing time.

Would highly highly recommend!

Hi Bunnytravelc,

Yes, what a great week and dives we had together. Thank you.
The Bianca C is definitely my favorite dive but as you saw, we have many other shipwrecks and reef to discover.
It was my pleasure to teach and certifie you as Advanced Open Water Divers, congratulations. Keep on going and have fun with discovering the world :-)
Take care.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

We had not dived for a long time and came here to refresh our knowledge and practice. Everybody was so encouraging and we had a helpful refresher dive and two marvellous dives. We felt well-cared for. We were taken to places that were full of fish and other creatures and the guide/instructor proactively showed us things we would not have noticed ourselves.

Dear Ute L,
Great to took up diving again. It's a shame not to discover the wonderful under water world, imagine all you miss ;-)
And yes, we have here in Grenada a great variety of coral reefs, ship wrecks and fishes and we love to share it with our divers and snorkelers. Thank you very much for your visit. Keep on diving now !
Lots of more exiting dives in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2017

Planned a dive trip for 2 couples (2 diving, 2 snorkeling) during a day stop on our cruise during March, 2017. We can't handle big crowded types of experiences. I was looking for a small group type of experience. Eveline was super responsive to my many emails about setting up a great experience for us; thinking it is likely our only time ever to visit Grenada. She was so accommodating that she even made room for a 3rd couple we were traveling with to join us as they didn't plan ahead. BTW, I planned this about 2 months ahead of time and would recommend you do the same since travelling gets busier during this time of year. Booking/paying online was a little confusing; but since I had been emailing her I felt very confident that the right dates/times/dives would be handled and invoiced correctly. And they were.

Although the week we arrived had been stormy, rainy, it was somewhat clear when we arrived and navigating off the ship to the arranged meeting point was easy enough. We boarded, and the crew was small, sociable and perfect for us.

I booked a 2 dive/snorkel. So the divers had a guide and the snorkelers had a guide and we went to one area and it was nice. I am a snorkeler - so you get my perspective. I saw some fish and a lobster under a rock. The corals and sponges were nice to see. I think that if the weather had been better the experience would have been better. That's not to say I didn't have a good time. I did. I love being in the water and seeing whatever happens to be around. The second area was the sculpture park. Personally, I wasn't impressed much by it and it was so crowded that I was run over by an inexperienced kayaker. But, it was the best option for us given our time available and the mix of our party. If I had to do over I would have opted for a different snorkel/dive spot for our party for that 2nd dive; however, that being said I had never seen an underwater sculpture park, so what the heck. Now I can check that one off my bucket list. The weather, clarity issue is mother nature and certainly doesn't reflect on the experience and professionalism of the company. I would recommend them absolutely.

Dear NeedofaGetaway,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive a great review. We try our best to accommodate divers and snorkelers at the same time and give them a great experience. As we are a small company and opte more for quality than quantity it works out pretty well with the small groups we make. We are happy to enjoyed it.
Wish you all the best and more great snorkeling experiences.