“Freindly proffessionals”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of ScubaTech Grenada

ScubaTech Grenada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ScubaTech is based at the Calabash Hotel, which nestles in the sheltered waters of Prickly Bay on the southern coast of the island. The hotel's jetty makes access to the dive boat easy and the location means that dive sites both on the Atlantic and Caribbean sides of the island are within easy reach. We have three full time diving instructors offering the complete range of PADI programs, daily dive excursions, non motorized watersports, sight seeing tours & sunset cruises. We offer the most individual service on the island, max 4 divers per Instructor/DM. We teach in English, French and German languages. Come and discover Grenada with your ScubaTech Dive Center.
Leicester.
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Freindly proffessionals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Visited the dive shop to talk about diving found them informative, very experienced, and safe. What else could one ask for. Happy to go out with just one diver, and can handle mixed ability groups very well

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 1diverdick

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Coral is mostly dead”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

ScubaTech staff was great, but Grenada does not have very good scuba diving. Most of coral is dead and large fish & sea turtles are overfished, so not much to see.

Visited December 2013
scuba l, Manager at ScubaTech Grenada, responded to this review, February 8, 2015
Dear Jack,

Thank you for your comment, however I regret to inform you, that ScubaTech, unfortunately, has little to do with death of the corals in the ocean. We teach our students to respect and cherish the aquatic world, remove garbage and be very careful with the corals. This particular page is for reviews of the dive shop, not the coral reefs in the area.

About 45% of the reefs in the whole world are more or less in good health. About 60% of the world's reefs are at risk due to destructive, human-related activities. By the 2030s, 90% of reefs are expected to be at risk from both human activities and climate change. By the year 2050, all of the world's coral reefs will be in danger.

We wish you to find reefs with more live corals and visit us again to share your experience and dive some very nice wrecks in Grenada!

Kind regards,

ScubaTech Team
White Plains, New York
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“12 Great Dives over one week in Grenada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was my second time diving with Scuba Tech. And once again, I had a great time logging 12 dives, capturing great photos and just having a great time. I dived the following sites on Nitrox:
- Car Pile
- Dragon Bay (Nice drift)
- Shark Reef (A few nurse sharks could be observed)
- Purple Rain (Beautiful orange sponges)
- Hilda – Wreck
- Flamingo Bay (North side)
- Shakem – Wreck
- Vernoica L – Wreck
- Northern Exposure
- Flamingo Bay (South side)
- Bianca C. – Wreck
- Red Reef (Tons of Lobsters and Sting Rays)

The team follows standard safety procedures, dive briefs, etc. On certain dives I was allowed to capture a few Lionfish.

I would dive with this team again and highly recommend.

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unexpected Surprise in Grenada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I had a very limited time window to get some diving in during a stop in Grenada. The folks at ScubaTech Grenada responded quickly to my email inquiry and gladly arranged for a two-tank dive. Sabine was extremely helpful and informative in making the arrangements by email for us. On the day of our visit (17 Dec 2013) we were met by the dive boat and crew exactly on time at the pickup point. Johann (our Instructor/guide) and crew were extremely knowledgable and helpful. Surprise to me, the trip was just my wife, myself, and one other diver!! The idea that a dive operator would make the trip for such a small group has now put ScubaTech on top of my list of operators. The diving was exceptional and done with the utmost safety in mind. I cannot say enough how highly I recommend ScubaTech if you are in Grenada.

2 Thank James M
Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Snorkelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Well planned and supervised. Wonderful marine life to be seen. Aki, one of the diver supervisors was very alert to all those diving to ensure their safety.

Visited November 2013