“Amazing full day tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chris's Tours and Taxi

Chris's Tours and Taxi
More attraction details
Owner description: Chris's Grenada Tour and taxi service offers guided sightseeing, island tours, rain forest hikes, transfers and more.
Toronto
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing full day tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We are a family with two young kids (ages 7 and 2) did a great full day private tour with Chris over the Christmas holidays. We were able to visit Concord Falls, the Gouyave Nutmeg station. Bathways Beach, Belmont Estate and Crater Lake in Grand Etang. Chris had taken the liberty of calling Belmont to find out what was going on on Sunday and found out they have some special kids activities (face-painting etc.) which was great for us! He is a true gentleman and very responsive compared to other tour companies I emailed. He is also very prompt, but flexible (we needed extra time with our two little ones and he was very accommodating. He is also a very very good driver - he takes his time and is not jerky. As a testament my wife and older daughter who are prone to motion sickness did not get sick once, even though Grenada's roads are very hilly and windy. Chris is a great ambassador for his country - one that has one of the friendliest people I have met anywhere. He checked in with us after our tour to make sure we had enjoyed ourselves and make sure we are enjoying the rest of our stay in Grenada.

I travel a lot, as you can see from my travel map - yet this is the first time I have written a review. I am planning to be more active in reviewing in the future, but the experience with Chris compelled me to start. This is strong evidence of the great experience we had with him. Don't look at other tours - go with Chris if he is available.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank AlSvedish

Tucson, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Best Decision We Made - Chris Taxi and Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

My mother and I recently visited Grenada and stayed at LaSource. Before leaving, I did quite a bit of research about what to see on the island and how to get around. Because we would be taking a number of trips throughout the week to different settings, I wanted to have one guide that we could contact rather than fending for a different taxi each trip. I read a number of great recommendations for Chris Taxi and Tours Services, and noted that he would provide taxi service in addition to tours. I contacted Chris prior to leaving and coordinated everything beforehand. He was so pleasant on the phone and so willing to work with us, that he immediately put me at ease. Chris called us the day before our departure, reassuring us he'd be at the airport at the appropriate time. It was such a great relief for my mother and I to know that we already had someone we could trust waiting for us at the airport. It was also a great relief to my family, who stayed in the U.S. as my mother and I traveled, knowing that we would be in safe hands with Chris, whenever we left the resort. They had his phone number to call in case of emergency, as well.

We used the first full day in Grendada to go on a day-long tour around the island, stopping at the Concord Water Fall, the Nutmeg Processing Plant, the Three Rivers Rum Distillery, the Belmont Estate and Chocolate Processing Plant. At each location, Chris would specifically request the most knowledgable tour guide for us. He would also recommend which vendors to buy our souveniers and spices from. Along the way, I needed to drop off a donation package to Father Malleghey's Home for Boys in Victoria. Chris was very accomodating in locating the church and taking the detour for me. (Check out "stuffyourrucksack dot com" for info on how you can help to bring donations to countries when you visit). We came back through Grand Etang, stopping at the lake, and then headed back to LaSource.

We enjoyed our tour so much with Chris, that we gave his name out to a number of people at LaSource. 2 different couples also went with Chris for different types of tours that week, and also reported having great experiences with him.

Saturday is Market Day in St. George's, so I had reserved that day with Chris ahead of time. He brought us, with another couple, to the Market. Chris brought us to each location in the market and explained what we were looking at, and recommended the vendors to purchase from. He was very patient and kind as we strolled through the market, buying spices, soaps, and wine at the market and then T-shirts at the Esplanade Mall. He also staved off other persistent vendors to make our trip more expedient and enjoyable. We stopped at the Christ of the Deep statue and Ft. George for the magnificent harbor views. We had a grand time drinking coconut water out of fresh coconuts and later having a local Stag beer at the cafe across from the lagoon (Chris opted for soda - his number one priority is Customer safety).

On the last night we were there, I had asked Chris for a recommendation for a great place to eat. He recommended that we go to the The Aquarium Restaurant, for some lively, local BBQ dinner and a Caribbean band (on Sundays). This was a great BBQ and the best entertainment we had on our trip. The experience capped off an amazing holiday week! Dropping us off at the airport the next day, we all agreed that we had become fast friends over the week.

Grenada is a beautiful island, the homes and roadways are clean and well-maintained, and the people are charming and friendly. Everywhere along the way, Chris had insights into the region, the history, and the vegetation, making the whole trip fun and informative. Chris is a fun, thoughtful, kind gentleman who we will definately call when we go back to Grenada next year. Mom and I could not have asked for a more wonderful, holiday experience.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Gozmom
Fairview, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL GRENADA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

We visited Grenada, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 on the Caribbean Princess 7 am - 2pm. My husband and I had been to Grenada before and wanted to do something besides the average cruise ship tour. After surfing the Internet I contacted Chris Buckmire at Chris Taxi and Tours http://www.grenadaexplorer.com/chris or christours@hotmail.com. Chris put together a $120, 5 hours tour for the two of us, not knowing if there were going to be 2, 4. 6 or 8 people. Two of the other three couples decided to join us so the price was reduced to $45pp and Chris provided a private van for the six of us. The only thing missing may have been refreshments and drinks. His customized tour included the west coast of Grenada displaying features that are very specific to Grenada. As we traveled Chris pointed out the vegetation, papaya trees, nutmeg trees, etc. At Concord Falls he actually opened a nutmeg seed and explained the different layers and their use. He did the same with the chocolate plant and allowed us to sample the chocolate in it's raw form. The highlight may have been the Gouyave Nutmeg Station where we all purchased fresh spices (nutmeg, saffron, etc) or maybe it was the Mona Monkies or the Grand Estang Lake. Chris planned this tour in a top notch fashion which allowed for an amazing day in Grenada and it just seemed to get better and better. At the Belevedre Banana Plantation Chris told us about the various type of bananas and the difference between them and demonstrated the banana pod and how the bananas grow from it. This island had some of the most beautiful and colorful flowers of all the islands we visited. Chris did a wonderful job of showing us his beautiful island - Grenada. There were two cruise ship docks in the town of St. George and Chris did a wonderful job monitoring and keeping us informed as to where the Caribbean Princess would dock on our arrival and where he would meet us. Chris called us at home to confirm our plans as well as to discuss his liking of the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Cowboys. He is a wonderful guy and so accommodating. Hope he liked the Cowboy T-shirt we took to him. Chris is very knowledgeable about Grenada, his explanations are done with very good English and he turned this tour into an educational experience not just a cruise ship tour. I would highly recommend christours.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank tvlbumFairview_Texas
Southlake, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Day in Grenada!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I had a great day with Chris. He was very knowledgeable about the island, all its flowers and vegetation, the spice industry, and its history. We toured in a very nice vehicle and saw beautiful coast lines, a waterfall, lots of local fruits and plants, and even took a tour of a nutmeg factory. We sampled different types of bananas .. and with the leftover bananas he coaxed a monkey out of a tree so we could get the ultimate photo. Would definitely use Chris again!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank LovesCruisesToo
new york
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“CHRIS TOURS DELIVERED GRENADA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

This was my wife's favorite tour of the week of touring the southern carribean. Chris was insightful, funny and showed us the true Grenada. We were amazed at how they are still using such old equipment to make great chocolate at the factory. Grenada is different that many other islands, some find it backward we found it charming and interesting. Highly recommend booking with Chris and that was not true of all tours we took that week

Visited February 2012