“Fantastic!”

Dodgy Dock Restaurant and Lounge Bar
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in St. George's
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My boyfriend and I went to Dodgy Dock did not know what to expect when we got to the Dodgy Dock. We arrived and we were the only ones there (it was the slow season) but also, one of the high schools in Grenada was having their Prom in the Restaurant part, so we sat in the Lounge Bar (which still was lovely). Great atmosphere!! The lights, the boats docked.....So the menu was very limited and different due to the Prom happening, but the waitress offered us what was being made for the dance, so we ended up having fantastic Mahi-Mahi that was grilled to perfection, and we ordered nachos as an appetizer, which were presented so lovely that it wasn't the typical 'bar food'!!! We ended the night with cherry cheesecake. The drinks were also fabulous. We were very happy. That was visit #1.

Visit #2 was when I visited again (the boyfriend is in med-school there) and we went on double-date. We ordered the Shrimp Ceviche which was, again, beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked! We all ended up ordering the fajitas; chicken, shrimp, and they even offer vegetarian. The fajitas are by far the best fajitas i've ever had. The shrimp was seasoned and the beans that came with it were so flavorful. They have music playing in the background and it just made the evening even better. After having a second wonderful experience, we recommended the restaurant to a friend whose parents were hoping to have a great last night in grenada meal, and we sent them there. He was a little skeptical being that after 10pm the lounge bar, well...turns into a bar!! So he was worried that it was like that all the time. We were a little nervous that they wouldn't like it as much as us.....but, from his parents the next day was: "Best meal we've had all week!" They loved it and they even got to experience some steel-band music on the night they went. I can't wait to go back when I visit again in a few weeks!

My only gripe is that both times they did not have their famous 'frozen kahula cake available!

Reviewed February 2, 2010

Went to Dodgy Dock for lunch while driving around Grenada. It's a very nice location directly on the water. The food was good but nothing amazing. Servers were quite attentive. I would go back if I was in the area and looking for a casual meal.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Dodgy Dock, despite its tacky name, is actually quite nice. I have been at True Blue Bay (I rather call it that) three times so far and everything seems to work with them. The service is good, even with a large number of diners the staff seem to know what they are doing.

The place has perhaps one of the most complex menus on the island. They have the main menu, then every night they have a special theme menu and sometimes you can order from both and sometimes just one. With naturally some specials every now and then. And all the menus are quite large, again, quite everything for everyone policy. Which, of course, means that they are often out of some ingredients so some dishes are not always available and not everything is always made to order. For example the mexican food they serve is not fresh (that is, made to order from fresh ingredients).

That being said, the dishes they can execute are better than average on Grenadian standards. If you know to avoid the frozen ones, that is.

However, the best thing about Dodgy Dock is the atmosphere. The restaurant is right on water and the decor is quite nicely done. Tuesday nights they have the Grenadian theme dinner which includes live steel pan music and this is the time you want to go there. The music is classy and not too loud. They also have some local dishes on the menu on tuesdays, if you find them along all the fajitas, pastas and burgers.

Another good day is the Sunday bbq night when they have the chef preparing the bbq right in front of you. However, if you are going on Sunday for the bbq, make sure you go early as all the side dishes are pre-made and will sit on the table the entire night. I'd rather eat it fresh at 6:30 with my ribs than after it has been staying out in the warm night for a few hours.

I would recommend this place for relaxed family type of dinner for people who are expecting a casual and fun night out with good food. Do not dress up and do not expect any wow's with the food and you should enjoy it.

Reviewed April 16, 2009

We're not big dress-for-dinner types, so we first checked Dodgy Dock out for a sunset one evening. Beautiful view of a "sunset" - over a peninsula - and great rum punch. We took a look at the menu and made plans to come back for its Tuesday Caribbean night.

On Tuesday, we planned on taking a cab both ways; he didn’t want to have to worry about driving (and while in the states I typically will gladly moderate and drive, that wasn’t happening in Grenada!). In addition to the Steel Pan Band, a gospel type group was performing for an ozone convention that was in town, and it was mesmerizing. We enjoyed the food – which was typical bar food, I guess, and had a lot of drink. Tab for two (four appetizers, a salad and 3.5 hours of decent heavy drinking): $250 EC — about 100 US. Which we thought was pretty good.

The bartenders both nights (but we talked to them more on Tuesday) were wonderful, fun, enjoyable. The waitresses were great. The view was awesome, and we were outside in paradise. What more could you want?

1  Thank abbyliz
Reviewed February 22, 2009

My family and I went to the Dodgy Dock and it was really fun!
We went on Grenadian Night, so they had local specialties, such as curried chicken, stewed beef, a local recipe with mahi-mahi. We tried them all, and they were all amazing! A local band played calypso music, which was wonderfully appropriate. My brother and I even sang a song with the band! Overall, it was a fun experience!

2  Thank CTCharlie