“Decent enough food but appalling service!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dodgy Dock Restaurant and Lounge Bar

Dodgy Dock Restaurant and Lounge Bar
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Bar, International
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Decent enough food but appalling service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The surroundings of this bar are gorgeous surrounded by water. It is a sophisicated place to lime and dine. We ordered the pork belly which was nice enough, although some of the vegetables were fried so hard that it was a struggle to bite into them and worrying whether you would break your teeth.

We went on the student fried chicken night which was held the other side of the bar. This was part of the problem. It was very busy but they had completely insufficient staff. We turned up were led to a table in the restaurant. The staff appeared chaotic. After waiting 20 minutes just to order a drink, I got up and went to the bar myself. The barman noticed this and whispered to our waiter who asked me whether we wanted water as well. Again, another lengthy wait till we got it. Eventually we ordered. Food came but the fried vegetables were tough to bite into. We then didn't receive any service whatsoever, neither did we see our waiter until he produced the bill some 2 hours later. They didn't collect our plates, ask if we wanted more drinks or offer us dessert - my friend had to go up to the bar to ask for the dessert menu and she was handed a tablet before the waiter disappeared again. She was so fed up with us being ignored that she returned the menu to the bar. To be honest, I was tempted to walk off without paying as the service was the worst I have ever experienced in a restaurant. Another waitress could see we needed service but purposely avoided eye contact. Our supposed waiter asked if we had ordered yet, but he hadn't come up and asked us at all, so of course not! Great location, so-so food and appalling service. I would only come back here for the drinks. The menu wasn't that great and expensive for what it was. Not a great dining experience.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TrueBlueGrenada, Manager at Dodgy Dock Restaurant and Lounge Bar, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Wednesday nights are student nights and things usually get a little hectic for the staff. We now realize that this has been taking away from the experience of regular diners. As such, we have now separated the students from the diners, utilizing both sides of our restaurants, and assigning staff specifically to dinner service. Things have been running much smoother. Without your review, we may not have noticed this issue. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Lovely for a relaxed lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

As a regular traveller to Grenada since 2001, I always make sure that I go to my favourite places when I'm on the island.
Dodgy Dock, part of the True Blue Boutique Hotel is one such place.
I love the relaxed atmosphere and the incredible views out to sea. I often go there for lunch ,to sit under the sail shades and enjoy the great variety of food. The fish is particularly good.
The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble.You never feel rushed and it's very tempting to spend the afternoon there, sipping fruit punch....

• Visited December 2012
Pensacola Beach, Florida, United States
“Great view, Great food, Good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We walked over from Prickley Harbor. It took about 10-15 minutes. We were just out looking around the area a little early for dinner but we thought we would give it a try since we were right there and hungry.

The service was good (Great for Caribbean). The food was excellent - I had stuffed fish and she had coconut shrimp.( the fish was better than the shrimp - I couldn't taste any coconut) We both enjoyed our dinners very much.

South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Truly dining on the dock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is really unique in my opinion. The atmosphere was fun and upbeat. There is a combination of guest that are there for the bar only and others for dinner as well. The decor is fun and festive. The staff was attentive and friendly. Our meals were very good and we had a perfect evening for dining on the waterfront with a full moon. The atmosphere is very casual and laid back but the prices are more in line with fine dining. This won't stop me from going back as I truly enjoyed the evening. My recommendation.....bring bug spray. The mosquitoes are fierce and we came away with lots of bites.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“On the whole a great restuarant with a few irritating downsides...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We've visited the Dodgy Dock many times and stayed at the rather nice True Blue Bay resort. The Dodgy Dock is dodgy only in name and design. The bar is excellent and the food is, on the most part, great. The variety is good and the menu varied. You will notice previous negative comments about variety and poor staff failing to pay attention - 3 years ago or so I would have agreed but this has really sharpened up. The setting is perfect and all in all this is a place you really should try...

A good selection of specials feature each day. If they are in season the lobster is excellent and dont miss trying GrandMas Kahlua frozen gateau!!

Downsides - silly things really... BBQ has NOTHING for vegetarians bar the side salad which is still chargeable at EC$40 at time of writing. This is not good enough and with the quantity of students around is likely to cause more complaints. Give the English sunday roasts a miss - pretty terrible and plenty of better choices on the menu. Final issue / warning - the bill clearly states that a gratuity is not included. It is and it is hidden in the list of items ordered. Watch out for this. I don't believe this is deliberate act as everyone seems far too nice for such bad behavior but more a function of everyone being quite so chilled out!!!

• Visited October 2013