“Boots Cuisine - A "Must" When in Grenada”
Review of Boots Cuisine

Boots Cuisine
Ranked #18 of 65 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Boots Cuisine - A "Must" When in Grenada”
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Boots Cuisine is a "must" do for us when on the island. It is by far, our favorite restaurant on the island. Our recent dining experience was on Nov 5, 2009 and as always, everything was delicious. The lambie steak (aka conch) in particular was superb! I have never, ever, tasted a lambie more tender and flavorful than this in all of our travels across the different islands.

Boots and Ruby are the most gracious hosts, and as all the other reviewers have pointed out, they welcome you to their home like family.

At 75EC for a 5-course meal, it's a bargain. I can't say enough good things about Boots Cuisine! Go! See what we are all raving about!

A reservation is a must for dinner, as they will sometimes close when they do not have a reservation for dinner. Cash only, no credit cards accepted.

Brooklyn, New York
“Best dining experience i've had in Grenada”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Boots is a little difficult to get to but that's no problem because for an additional fee, their son will drive you there and back. It's an entirely family run operation. Ruby is the hostess and she's very attentive and nice. Her husband is the chef. They've converted the front area of their house into a restaurant and it's really very nice and fairly peaceful. The meal includes 5 courses. I had one with tuna as the main course although to be honest I enjoyed the prior 4 courses more. I thought the tuna was a little dry but I may not be a tuna person. Everything else they served was unbelievable! It's expensive so it wouldn't be a regular thing for me at 200EC for two, including transportation there and back. Definitely an excellent experience and I would do it again.

“BEST dinner on the island”
Reviewed July 10, 2009

My daughter and I had the pleasure of dining at Boots Cuisine last week. Ruby and Boots son picked us up at our hotel and delivered us to the front gate, where Ruby greeted us like we were part of the family. We sat down to a wonderful five-course meal with Ruby explaining each course to us and making sure we were well cared for. Mine included callaloo, lambie and zillions of fresh vegetables. My daughter is a vegan and Boots made sure she had plenty to satisfy her diet. Boots came out to make sure that we were enjoying our meal. Then came dessert, with a delicious banana cake (and I don't even like bananas) and a creamy, rich nutmeg ice cream - so good I almost wanted to lick the plate. It was a wonderful evening shared with wonderful people.

Long Island NY
“Quintessential Grenadian experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

If you are looking for a traditional Grenadan meal, exceptionally prepared, you can't do better than the home restaurant of Ruby and Boots McSween. Yes, you are guests at their home patio and are treated like visiting family. Boots is proud of his food and comes out of the kitchen periodically to make sure you are enjoying the meal. Ruby will offer a choice of one of 3 evening specials, which will undoubtedly, appeal to all tastes, as well as a few other courses and sides. We had steamed Jack fish and the brown stewed lambi (conch). Other dishes may include, roasted chicken, curried beef, fish stew... Come hungry, leave happy!

Las Vegas
“Boots is a Foodies dream”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I recently visited the island of Grenada for one week. I dined at excellent restaurants scattered around St. George's, however the best meal I had was at Boots. It's a rare find. Fresh ingredients. Original and unique preparations. Overall one of the best dining experiences I've ever had.