“BEST dinner on the island” 5 of 5 bubbles

Boots Cuisine
Ranked #19 of 67 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“BEST dinner on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

My daughter and I had the pleasure of dining at Boots Cuisine last week. Ruby and Boots son picked us up at our hotel and delivered us to the front gate, where Ruby greeted us like we were part of the family. We sat down to a wonderful five-course meal with Ruby explaining each course to us and making sure we were well cared for. Mine included callaloo, lambie and zillions of fresh vegetables. My daughter is a vegan and Boots made sure she had plenty to satisfy her diet. Boots came out to make sure that we were enjoying our meal. Then came dessert, with a delicious banana cake (and I don't even like bananas) and a creamy, rich nutmeg ice cream - so good I almost wanted to lick the plate. It was a wonderful evening shared with wonderful people.

Long Island NY
“Quintessential Grenadian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

If you are looking for a traditional Grenadan meal, exceptionally prepared, you can't do better than the home restaurant of Ruby and Boots McSween. Yes, you are guests at their home patio and are treated like visiting family. Boots is proud of his food and comes out of the kitchen periodically to make sure you are enjoying the meal. Ruby will offer a choice of one of 3 evening specials, which will undoubtedly, appeal to all tastes, as well as a few other courses and sides. We had steamed Jack fish and the brown stewed lambi (conch). Other dishes may include, roasted chicken, curried beef, fish stew... Come hungry, leave happy!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Las Vegas
“Boots is a Foodies dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

I recently visited the island of Grenada for one week. I dined at excellent restaurants scattered around St. George's, however the best meal I had was at Boots. It's a rare find. Fresh ingredients. Original and unique preparations. Overall one of the best dining experiences I've ever had.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Granada, Spain
“Typical Grenadan restaurant serving excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

At the time we visited Boots Restaurant (February 2008), Trip Adviser were not publishing restaurant reviews, so I posted my comments on this restaurant on the Trip Adviser Grenada Forum. However, now that they are including restaurant reviews, I wanted my rating of Boots restaurant to appear, as it is such a good, authentic, Grenadan restaurant serving excellent food.

The restaurant is owned by Boots and his wife Ruby. It is in a lovely conservatory/verandah on the front of their house in the Woodlands section of Grenada, just on the side of the Grand Anse Valley Road.

There is a set price dinner menu of 70 Caribbean Dollars, which includes 3 starters, a main course and a pudding. We chose Callaloo soup; a thick broth made from dasheen leaves. This was followed by a wonderful titeries rotto (unique I think to this restaurant), which was absolutely divine and then we had a fresh green salad. Our main courses consisted of chicken cooked in a coconut and lime sauce, and baracuda in molasses. Both were served with an excellent selection of fresh vegetables. This was followed by a lovely homemade pudding. The meal was washed down by a very pleasant white wine, which was not overly expensive.

The food served is fresh, well cooked, extremely delicious and beautifully presented. Boots and Ruby are lovely people who created a very enjoyable and memorable evening for us.

If you are going for dinner you do need to reserve a table before 5 pm so that Boots can start preparing your meal before your arrival. It is not the easiest of restaurants to find, with only a very small sign at the top of the steps leading into the restaurant. It is located in an area called Woodlands, on the main road from Grand Anse and St George's. If you pass a sign to Clarkes Court Bay, then you have just missed the restaurant. It is just before the corner with the Clarkes Bay sign.