“A MUST visit - 3rd time to Grenada, 3rd time to Boots”
Review of Boots Cuisine

Boots Cuisine
Ranked #22 of 67 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The first item on our agenda for our third visit to the wonderful island of Grenada was dinner at Boots! The food is always excellent as is the service and ambiance. We have travelled the world and always love trying the local food in the places we visit. Boots is truly a gem and always exceeds our expectations! The food is cooked fresh each day, portions aren't huge but it is a five course meal so you will not leave hungry. You get a choice of one of three mains but the rest is a set menu. This time we started with lambie and fish water (a wonderful fish soup), next was sea egg fritter, followed by the ever famous TLC (aka tender loving care salad or tomato, lettuce and cucumber) - you won't get as fresh a salad as that at home. Next was a choice of lambie and spicy sorrel chutney, nutmeg pork or grilled fish (mahi mahi was the fresh fish our day) with guava gravy. The mains come with lots of local veggies - we had cous cous, yam drops, plantain, stew peas, seasonal veggies and more.

If you need to be picked up, one of the sons will come and get you and return you. A family run affair your taste buds will be enlightened - the lambie and sorrel chutney are a must! Thank you again Boots, Ruby and family. We look forward to seeing you again.

2  Thank DAB_LMB

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Boots is a family owned restaurant, with a friendly, homey atmosphere. The foods are prepared the same day, and in small amounts. Boots is owned and operated by a former hotel chef and his lovely wife. They will engage you in wonderful stories about Beautiful Grenada, or leave you to dine and enjoy your meal in tranquility. You have to eat at Boots. You will clean your plate and lick your fingers, it is that good. I will be telling all my friends and family to visit Boots. Cheers Boots!

1  Thank spiceislandbabe
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Local dishes was very welcoming to me. This is how I see it, if I live in Spain I eat food from Spain when I visit another country I don't want to eat Spanish food, I want food from the country am visiting, Boots Cuisine offers exactly that...freshly cooked everyday. There are lots of art pieces done by the owner. You can tell that these folks love what they are doing.

1  Thank Brown S
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We really enjoyed our evening at Boots Restaurant. From the car collection service to the return "taxi" home, this is a very unusual experience! The food is well cooked and presented and good value for money. The menu is limited in the sense that the only choice is between three main courses, but the three separate starters were very good and the desert was also good. We would certainly return!

1  Thank 497Bruce
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Located in Woodlands, St. George's Grenada Boots Cuisine offered a very " hommie" and laid back ambiance for my Friday night. This was made up of local produce on display such as, coconuts inside and out of it's "husk", plantains and other ground provision. The background consisted of plants and music from a local radio station, thus complimenting that " at home " feeling as though am sitting on a veranda in a small flower garden......444-2151 ...537-7692... ruby_boots@hotmail.com