“The Best”

The Red Crab
Ranked #33 of 66 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
St. George's, Grenada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I'm not one to normally write reviews, but I had to write a special one for the Red Crab. I've been living in Grenada for a while now and the Red Crab is my favorite restaurant on the island. It has a casual and relaxed atmosphere with friendly service and excellent food. I highly recommend the catch of the day or lobster which can be cooked a number of ways. Lobster Fest on saturdays is always a special treat. If you get a chance, enjoy a great dinner or lunch and maybe I'll see you there.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mark K

Denver, Colorado
“one of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Been to Grenada 4 times now and a trip to the Red Crab is always a must! Excellent seagood and gracious service. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening there.

Visited November 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Best Lobster Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I went to the Red Crab because they were doing a special "lobster menue" that night. For appetizers, I had the lobster cocktail and my wife had French onion soup. For our main course, I had the lobster newburg and she had broiled lobster tail. All of the food was excellent. The lobster was as good as I have ever had, and better than most. The lobster was very tender and sweet. The portions were generous. My wife could not finish her tail, which was large, but I made sure it did not go to waste. The service was excellent by Grenadian standards. The restraunt has no view, and I agree with other posters that the building could use an update. We ate outside, so ambiance was not much of an issue. Because of the exchange rate, pricing was excellent- two drinks, two appetizers and two lobster entries with tax was $188 EC, or $70 US.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank 95rangerover
Estepona, Spain
“A friendly Caribbean dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We went on a mid week night low season. The young lady who served us was lovely .the food was good, ambiance ok. We sat outside on the terrace. I seem to remember that they had a TV on behind the bar, which was a little noisy, but as soon as we went outside everything was great.

• Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

When I went with my family in August, not only was the service horrible and disorganized, most of the items on the menu were not available. There were only 8 people in the restaurant at 7 pm and it took over 2 hours to get our order. We were told our first four choices were "not available". The servers were rude, the bill was extremely high for small portions and poorly prepared food that was cold by the time the server finally got it to our table.

• Visited August 2013