“Chaotic Service”

The Red Crab
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Sometimes the service is so slow that the starter kicks in and one is no longer hungry for the main course. Let's start with the positives, easy to find, good parking, good simple menu and excellent food - the plain grilled Mahi Mahi was beautifully grilled after an excellent tuna starterAnd the prices were acceptable for a local diner. But the service was chaotic with staff wandering around seemingly with no purpose. Our bread arrived in the long gap between starter and main course.
Go, enjoy the foodand just wonder how great the place would be if the service was less chaotic

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I like this place. It's not too fancy and the food is good. easy to get to by cab. worth the trip and I'll head back every time I'm over there.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The restaurant has absolutely no atmosphere, but the patio was nice and the restaurant was clean. We loved our waitress - she brought a pitcher of ice water to my husband so he was in 7th heaven when he saw lots of COLD water. :)

He had the Reef and Beef, which was very good - the steak was super tender. I had the Jerk pork which was spicy, but not overpowering and also cooked well. I would eat here again although the prices were higher than we expected (avg. $80-$100 EC per entree).

The only complaint I have is that the service was incredibly slow.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Ate early here at 6:00pm so it was quite which is fine for us. Ambience o.k , not too sure about the Whitney Houston soundtrack as a background to our meal though ,obviously her greatest hits album , not my cup of tea but gave us a bit of amusement to be honest.
Service was excellent and the waitress serving us was very good. We were the only customers at the start but she was still very good , friendly and cheerful.

I had Lambie (conch) to start ,which was served a little like prawn cocktail in a glass with salad and a dressing , it was very tasty. For main course I had the reef and beef , steak topped with prawns , the steak was excellent cooked rare.

I thought for the food and location it was maybe a little overpriced if I’m honest , but probably due to the area it’s in , it’s walking distance from the Calabash which is where we were staying. We ate here primarily as it was near the hotel and we fancied exploring the area outside , it got a good review in the Bradt guide and quite good on here ,so we thought we’d give it a try.
Visited 5/12/12

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The lobster tails were terrific but the ambience was not! You have to overlook the dining area and concentrate on the food! The place needs an upgrade!!